Acura World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Opinionated
131 Posts
most 4points that i've seen bolt right into the crease between the backseat's backrest and seat. But i know if you have a rollcage you can bolt it to that.

On another note. 4points are a little risky if you're going to be driving like a madman. OE seatbelts are designed for a quick release in an emergency. 4points are designed to keep your ass in the seat. If a firefighter wants to get you out of the car but runs into a 4point he might have trouble getting you out if he's not familiar with harnesses. ^^^^^^sorry thats the cop in me talking

they certainly make you feel secure in you're car and they look cool too. my roommate has em in his showcar and what sucks is they hold you back so much that you can't reach the stereo...thats my only complaint

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coolI will be ordering my harnesses shorty. Probably gonna go through inlinefour.com. They had sparco clubman 4point harnesses.

·
994 Posts
get a harness bar!! it mounts between the B-pillars behind the front seats, it will move the mounting location for the harness to about even with your shoulders, with a back seat mount if you get into an accident there is the risk of spinal compression from the harness. It's been documented in a couple of mags, definitely in Sport Compact Car cause that's what I subscribe to.

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh ahh good to know. where can I purchase a harness bar? And are they expensive? If its to much trouble I will just use my stock seat belts all the time. Also where will I mount the 2 lower straps?

·
994 Posts
forgot about that bit, the gen 1 integra's have four bolts that you can use, the last car I put a harness in, but the gen 3 integra's have the front buckles attached to the seat, you are going to have to locate the fourth bolt location, with or without the harnesses, since I doubt the aftermarkets will come with belt buckles. Check Team-integra.net to see if they have any articles on putting in harnesses for the gen 3 integra.

Harness bar at I4

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you! I got my sparco harness bar and sparco harnesses ordered actually through a buddy with a speed shop. Discounts are nice! Not even gonna mess with buckles for my OEM seat belts, found out local laws approve of harnesses.

ALSO - Whats my chances of getting a decent coil-over setup for $800 not including camber kits? Looking at the eibach setups and the tein setups.

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahh yes. looks like quality setup. And seems damn cheap too for what you get. thank you

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i hate leather after having it for 2 years. Either sticky in the summer or cold in the winter.

·
Representing the Imports!
660 Posts
i hate leather after having it for 2 years. Either sticky in the summer or cold in the winter.
Really? It gets pretty hot and humid here in Central Texas. It doesn't get as cold as it does in Ohio but down to freezing temps. The leather seats I had in the Integra warm up and cool down fairly quick. *shrug* You're not driving in your underwear now, are you? :paranoid: :paranoid: :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts