Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am new to forums and don't really use them much but felt compelled to get a message out. Over the weekend I was driving my family down the highway when the back-end got real loose. I was able to slow down, gain control of the car and make it to a nearby driveway. When I pulled in I found the rear wheel sunken in about 25 degrees. The bolt that holds the tie rod to the AWS device had sheered right off. I had it towed to the local dealer. They told me the bolt was not tightened down properly at the factory. I consider myself very lucky to be writing this post. The dealer is fixing the issue but I am concerned for other new RLX owners. Since it was identified as a factory issue it would be worth having your new RLX checked out. Luckily I have a good dealer who is taking care of it and getting the right people at Acura involved.

Attachments

·
43 Posts
Wow, glad you're safe, my friend. Personally, i've been in two very serious accidents while in Acuras, neither one my fault or the car's. In both accidents I feel that the design of the car saved our lives (my wife was in one with me). I wouldn't swear off Acuras because of one factory worker failed to tighten a bolt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.