Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I would really like to gather all kinds of knowledge from this site.
So my problem is that, when I go to lock the car, it gives a grinding noise on all four. Does anyone have a solution for this or had problems of this nature before?
Next thing is that I'm finding out things little by little with this new tl. And what I noticed was that the a/c works great but you can't see the display of the climate control. Could someone help me with this issue so that I can fix it? Thanks in advance.
Then I need a copy of a service repair manual that I can download and an owner's manual. Does anyone have any of those? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
So my problem is that, when I go to lock the car, it gives a grinding noise on all four. Does anyone have a solution for this or had problems of this nature before?
Gives a grinding noise on all four what.....doors? If so, any chance you can post a youtube video so I can hear what you're hearing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. On all doors. It does it when I go to lock it. I can't post any sounds right now as the car is in the country. But what about the other issues I've listed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 3.2. And thanks on the Manuel issue.

But that grinding noise on all four is from the electronic locking on all fours. Do they need to be adjusted or greased or something?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Bulbs can be found here, I'd replace them all, since they've all had equal time in operation:

CONTROL ASSY., AUTO AIR CONDITIONER/HEATER CONTROL for 1997 Acura TL

I suppose that it's possible that all 4 could need lubrication, but I've never seen that happen. It would be a likely scenario if the car sat outdoors and not in operation for an extended period of time. Best to remove one of the door panels and check it out, there's just no substitute for some good recon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts