Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason all of a sudden yesterday the air from my A/C vents stopped coming out. I tried the following:

1. I change the temperature to 90 degrees but no air comes out.
2. I check the fuses on the panel under the dashboard next to the door and the fuses seem to be alright, according to the people at Acura the Radiator the Blower and the A/C Compressor are all on the same circuit so the other three would have gone as well.

Any ideas what the problem maybe I don't want to have to go to a mechanic and spend 200 dollars just to find out what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
check to see if there is a code being spit out by your climate control unit. i cant remember the exact sequence but in the end both the auto and off buttons need to be depressed. it'll probably read something like _ and then 88. if that's the case it could be one of three things usually.

1. the wire (yellow/black and blue/red) that connects to the blower motor is bad - ie melted as i've seen in some pictures
2. the transistor assembly is bad - you'll see a second plug with a bunch of wires connecting to the transistor. the transistor itself is held on by two screws. it'll have a white plastic cover and a metal back plate. if you open it up you'll see a circuit board. on the circuit board there is a fuse as well. this fuse may have blown.
3. the blower motor itself has gone bad. but if you have a 12v source you can test this to see if it runs or not.

btw all these items are found just behind the glove box. you can access all the items from the passenger footwell.

·
Integra Mod/2nd Gen Guru
4,747 Posts
Just for kicks and giggles... Check your air filters behind the glove box. See if you have an obstruction or clogged filters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
rithvikrao,

the main things that you have to check is: A/C Compressor, Fan Motor or Blower Motor.

Please update to us if your problem fixed....thanks.

·
8 Posts
Wow! It Just happened to my 03 TL. Fan blower is not working. Just like rithvikroa..the fuses and relay are fine. Thanks Amplified, for the suggestions. I'll check those items tonight. And Yeah, AdysAutoSport, I check befind the cabin filter for and obstuction. Just for kicks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The same is happening to my 2000 TL. I thought the blower motor was but when I touched the wires to remove motor, the fan magically came alive. Does anyone else have this problem? The wires don't seem to be broken or burnt. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey folks,
New to the site, but recently encountered same issue. The 2nd generation TL has an inherent disign flaw in this area. It seems in their great engineering wisdom, Acura made the blower motor wiring harness just a weee short. The sharp bend near the connector at the blower motor causes stress and heat build-up in the wire. Results: melted wire, melted connector, or both. There is also an inline transistor that goes bad. Check out this service bulletin from Acura; will explain in detail what you need to do.
car.justanswer.com/uploads/acuramstr/2008-02-25_171912_blower.pdf (not a hyperlink; copy and paste)
I paid $12 for the harness, but the connector on the blower motor was melted to the point it was unserviceable. Blower motor cost me another $100 at the dealer.
For $12, I would suggest anyone who hasn't encountered this issue to go ahead and replace the harness before you end up like me wtih a melted blower motor connector.
Apoplogize for being so long, but wanted to alleviate any further questions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
air turned back on today...magic...i located the problem..under the glove box near the floor the plug in conector was kind of loose so now it works after i pushed it in...but the ends on the wires look kind of burnt...i might have to change the connector pretty soon.,..but yea easy fix....ac is kind a of warm might need to charge it soon..othr than that everythin looks and rides good for a 2002 with 130k

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will check mine too. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Thanks for the tips folks. Will try searching for the problem tomorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone here got a daigram for the 1st Gen TL's ac blower or connections? I gotta get this thing going. The fan turns on and off. Gotta be something faulty or lose. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
THANK YOU FOR THIS POST/INFO!!!!

Mine stopped working last week. I printed out this info and just got done checking it all out. My blue/red wire was all fried! I took the plug off the blower and it's all black and burnt. I tested that wire with a tester and it was getting over 14 volts. I plugged it back in and wiggled it around and my blower came on. So now I know the blower works but I need that new harness. The actual plug in the blower is a little burnt up also. That bulletin says that there could be a goodwill consideration for fixing it. I will go to Acura and ask. Maybe I can get the harness and a new blower for free:x:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL and while driving the a/c quit working. the blower will not come on and neither does the compressor. I have taken out the blower resistor and all the wires look good, nothing looks fried and I have pulled the blower motor and jumped it straight to the battery and it runs fine. Put it all back together and blower is not coming on even on the highest setting. Can the resistor be causing this? Can it be in the control panel? I have checked all fuses I can think of and they are good. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just fixed mine today. Acura had the part in stock, $9.40.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok i had the same problem. i changed the blower motor sub harnes and now the ac starts blowing hot as soon as u turn the key!!! wat the hell did i do??? i mitt have touched 2 wires when doing the harnes job could that be it. also i just cut the end of the old harnes and connected them. does that make a diff since i didnt take the hole old harnes out??? HELP!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I am using all the info I have found here to track down why my wife's 1999 3.2 TL stopped blowing. Fuses are all okay. Now going behind the glove box, doe the glove box need to be pulled out/removed or do you become a master contortionist to get under/behind it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I pulled the glove box door off. It made it a lot easier to check out all the wiring. I went one step further and pulled the whole passenger glovebox/dash area off which required pulling off the console side as well. It was all very easy and really opened the area up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts