Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2011 RDX in March (Tech/AWD) and LOVE it...except, there is no Blind Spot Monitoring.

I thought nothing of this problem when I originally purchased this lovely car, but it is becoming more and more of an issue for me during both City & Highway driving alike as the stylish (but tiny) side mirrors provide inadequate rear/side visibility for worry-free lane changes.

Any ideas on how to mitigate this troublesome issue? Does anyone know of aftermarket/retrofit larger side mirrors and/or with the smaller magnified outer mirror edges (like on the 2014 MDX)???

I really cringe at the thought of trading in my RDX for a 2011 (or newer) Infiniti EX, which DOES offer the BSM on the "Technology" Package? Odd that Acura didn't offer this feature on ANY RDX model, even including the 2013 re-design.

FYI--LOVE the RDX aside from this one problem...

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,295 Posts
I preferred it when all the driver aids didn't exist. Your foot was traction control, abs was modulating that pedal, blind spot monitoring? you just had to turn your body to look. A rear view mirror wasn't even mandatory on both sides of the car until the late 80's.

But no at this point there isn't an aftermarket blind side monitoring solution due to the complexity of the system. You could fabricate custom mounts for custom or retrofitted mirrors but thats about it to my knowledge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.