Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, have a problem with the signals and hazards on my 97 RL

checked all fuses and they are all good, relay works (new), only get signals if I short the leads at the hazard switch. I tried to order a hazard switch from acura, but they're backordered..for an indefinite time...went to the wreckers and the switch from them also did not work for me. My wife needs this car in a couple weeks and I would love to get this fixed. I have found other posts of similar problems, but never a solution for this other than a hazard switch that I cant buy

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
If you're 100% sure the hazard switch is the problem, I'd jumper the terminals behind the switch and put the switch back in the hole until you can find one. Other than stopping at the mailbox on the corner, I can't remember the last time I used my hazards anyways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

I have a jumper for the left signal right now, but if i jumper both, I only get 4 ways instead of blinkers. I never use my hazards either, but cant figure out how to bypass the switch..unless I have a different problem somewhere else in the circut.

·
336 Posts
"but never a solution for this other than a hazard switch that I cant buy"
What part do you need? I might have it.. I sell parts off my old 96 RL at 20% of the new price plus shipping... seamusnh (at) gmail.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, Thanks a lot for those, cant tell you how much you helped. Will try to look at it today..but it is mothers day and the weathers nice goin to take the wife and kids out...:whipped:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is fixed, I discovered that there was no constant power supply to the switch or the relay, so I went to the same area I had problems with wiring before. It was the white/green wire inside the wheel well close to where the wires go into the firewall. Just a bulge in the wire and i could just snap it..nothing but green corrosion inside. I spliced the wire, and once again I have signals and hazards. Thanks again for the info, really cleared up the wire colors so I knew what to look for. Turns out the hazard switch and the relay were both fine:rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts