Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone! I've been visiting this site for years and finally decided to register a profile. I'm definitely an Acura loyalist, having bought my first Acura in 2008. I currently have two, as follows:

1. 1997 Acura CL 3.0L w/Premium Trim Level - 325,780 mi (my daily driver)
2. 2006 Acura TSX with 85k mi.

(Both vehicles are 100% stock, no mods. That's why I love Acura - Sure, you can mod it, but you really don't need to.)

When I buy a vehicle, I want something that will last, has decent features, and that I can work on myself. Car #1 has been on road trips halfway across the country and back and the only time I've ever had an issue was a dead starter in BFE Indiana. Other than normal maintenance (and occasional engineering oversights - Like the M4A transmission, for instance), these are solid cars.

Still going...nothing outlasts a Honda engine (except a diesel)...they just keep going, and going, and going. (If you take care of them, that is, and adhere to the maintenance schedule and use common-sense and baby the hell out of it)

I do have some upcoming maintenance for car #1 coming up, as it is 18 years old and is going to need a new steering rack, new calipers and new brake lines. Everything else has been done, top to bottom. You name it, I've done it.

I look forward to meeting other Acura owners! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Its great to have you here finally, we can use your tips and knowledge!
Great to hear too '97 CL is ever reliable, very true on taking good care of your car and she will take care of you too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.