Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the factory tires on my 2010 MDX advance with entertainment. I was at the Acura dealer the other day and mentioned that I was interested in Nokian brand tires because we live in Northern Wisconsin and I am very concerned about tire traction in snow. I don't want to deal with 2 sets of tires, so I thought the Nokian WR G3 tires would be perfect. The dealer said that Acura doesn't partner with Nokian, so I can get those but won't be able to use my Acura hubcaps I currently have so I need to make sure the side view of the tire will look good with my car. So, my question is, is this true that I can't just take off my current hubcap and use that on a tire brand that is not partnered with Acura? Also, does anyone have any pictures of the WR G3 tire on their MDX that they can post. Mine is a black MDX with chrome trim. Thank you! This tire stuff is confusing....

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Hubcaps are independent of the tire. They work on the wheel regardless of the brand of tire unless you're into something really weird.

My two cents are that snow tires are worth it over all season tires any day of the week. But that's just me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts