Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2020 RDX and noticed that the first time I was driving at night with rear seat passengers that oncoming vehicles on the two lane road I was on were flashing there high-low beams at me when I had my headlights on low beam. This is safety issue, since oncoming vehicles can't see the road and I,m blinded when they flash there high beams at me. Acura National Customer Support told me that the headlamps were not adjustable and I would have to live with this problem. I can't be the only RDX owner who is having this safety problem. All RDX owners who are experiencing this same problem should report online to NHTSA.gov. Hopefully, if enough of us owners complain, Acura will be forced to fix this safety defect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a 2018 RDX and never had that problem with it - and it had the LED headlights like the current vehicles do. I traded it in on a 2019 MDX, which has the same kind of lights that the RDX had and I have noticed that people flash me quite often, thinking that I have my bring lights on when I do not. I could imagine that if I had my brights on it would absolutely blind them. I have had a couple of instances where an oncoming car flashed their brights and when I didn't respond, they turned their brights on and absolutely blinded me. I didn't know that they are non-adjustable - that is no good. This certainly could be a liability for Acura as far as being a safety issue is concerned. I would also be interested to hear if other Acura owners are having this same problem with their headlights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First Night Out - No Flashes!

Took my new RDX out for the first night drive last night and was shocked (and impressed) by the brightness and coverage of the headlamps! I was fully expecting oncoming cars to flash me, but none did. I drove on two lane roads and four lane roads as well, but no flashes. I noticed a number of pretty bright headlamps coming at me, but didn't feel the need to flash them. I believe the flashers may be reacting to brighter headlamps, regardless of whether they perceive they are blinded or not.

Was specifically looking for maximum headlamp coverage, because my wife has some night vision issues. Not with the RDX however!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get flashed with the low beams on due to the lumen output if the high output LED lights. They are bright but I like them. If people flash me I flash my brights back and keep on going down the road. If you could adjust them lower then you will loose distance that you can see in front of you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I came from an 08 RDX and 11 MDX with aftermarket OSRAM HIDs installed. My 18 RLX and 19 MDX light output is closer to daylight 5000-6000
kelvin (high noon in summer) compared to my old vehicle HIDs 4300-45000 kelvin that are more towards the yellow/red (early morning/late evening color range). LEDs are pretty much the same power output as HIDs; but, I think they look brighter because they use the full color spectrum.

·
Just here for the ride
8 Posts
When I first started driving my 2016 RDX people used to flash me all the time. I don't think there is a problem with the alignment of your beam, the light output is just brighter than most vehicles so people assume you have your high beams on. The problem is with other people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts