Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealership just called me and said they need to do a head gasket test cuz the coolant bottle is filled up all the way...hmmm i really dont know what that is...can some1 fill me in here...the reason i took my car in, cuz its been idling wierd sometimes...

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Yeah, you don't want to drive the car if something's wrong. Just take it back ASAP, have them give you good loaner. :D

·
White Diamond Pearl '02 Acura TL Type S w/Navi
77 Posts
Escamar said:
dealership just called me and said they need to do a head gasket test cuz the coolant bottle is filled up all the way...hmmm i really dont know what that is...can some1 fill me in here...the reason i took my car in, cuz its been idling wierd sometimes...
I don't know either... could it could be some kind of pressurization test? :dunno:

V.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The head gasket forms the seal along the cylinders of the engine block. This gasket comes into contact with the engine oil in the cylinders and probably also the coolant channels that run throught the engine block. I bet you're dealer is just testing the gasket for leaks as a precaution that the excess coolant pressure might have caused. More likely than not, your gasket seal should be fine and dandy.

Hopefully your high coolant level was just due to the fact of some inept mechanic at the corner quickie lube overfilling your coolant reservoir on a cold engine. What would be bad is if they find out that your car's engine is running hotter than normal. Your temperature gauge stays around the middle most of the time I hope?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Originally posted by Bebber
The head gasket forms the seal along the cylinders of the engine block. This gasket comes into contact with the engine oil in the cylinders and probably also the coolant channels that run throught the engine block. [/I]

You are correct, and in fact, the head gasket does come into contact with the coolant channels that run through the head and block.

Listen to Bebber, he knows what he is talking about :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i think it was the guy at the express lube who filled it up...imma bitch at them when i go back...and for whoever else gets there oil done from express lubes...TELL THEM NOT TO FILL ANYTHING JUST LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS LOW...

well anyways got my ride back...they said the throttle control and throttle cable needed to be replaced..so they took care of that and everything is running smooooooth now.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.