Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went dealer today, my cls 6sp (I have deposit on it) will be here Weds. drove a tls , was very impressed with the power and quiet, went to a friends house, after i met his wife on the road, he now has a 2001 cls auto(obviously)I did not know until i saw her driving the coupe We each drove each other cars around the same roads. I have BMW 528 stick MY 2000. brakes on Bimmer are much better. the coupe really flew around corners, mine did too, but his seems a bit faster, road noise, BMW quieter. Engine noise, Acura way better. He made some comments and so did she about the the mirror on the 2001 CLS. too high too big blocked vision on corners. I guess the

e the mirrors have changed?/ I like the body style on tl better that coupe, but as of latest info,Stick will not be avialable in TLS, this year, maybe next year. Questions, When he got into his car the seal moved back and he had to move it forward him self. Normal? can this feature be deactivated? Also are the steering wheel control for audio and cruise lit at night? are the dashes on TL &CL same? and at the same angle in boith cars? Ideally TLS 6sp
would be my choice. thanks for info.:dunno:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Jay Gans said:
e the mirrors have changed?/ I like the body style on tl better that coupe, but as of latest info,Stick will not be avialable in TLS, this year, maybe next year. Questions, When he got into his car the seal moved back and he had to move it forward him self. Normal? can this feature be deactivated? Also are the steering wheel control for audio and cruise lit at night? are the dashes on TL &CL same? and at the same angle in boith cars? Ideally TLS 6sp
would be my choice. thanks for info.:dunno:
I think the mirrors changed on the 2002 model year cars. I dont know if stick will be available on the TL/TL-S. The car has memory seats programmed into the remote. When you unlock the car, the seat will automatically move to preprogrammed seat position 1 or 2 (depending on which remote you use). The steering wheel controls are NOT lit at night. The dashes are the same on the CL/TL, except there are four door lights on the TL instead of 2 (sedan vs coupe). Hope that helped.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dashes are the same for cl and tl. No, steering wheel controls are not lit. And I am not sure I understand the seat thing

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clarification

when he open the door and got into the coupe the seat moved back automatically,. he says he has to move it forward himself, is that the way the seat workS? can you deactivate that feature. RE Dash is the seating position same in TL and CL in relationship to the dash?

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Re: clarification

Jay Gans said:
when he open the door and got into the coupe the seat moved back automatically,. he says he has to move it forward himself, is that the way the seat workS? can you deactivate that feature. RE Dash is the seating position same in TL and CL in relationship to the dash?
ready my post, I think I clarified it htere

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Re: clarification

The CL/TL comes with 2 key fob remotes. Remote one is keyed to seat position 1, while remote 2 is keyed for position 2 (as shown via a picture and number on the back of the remote). You can turn off the memory feature such that the seat will NOT move into the appropriate position for the remote number. I forget how specifically, but all you have to do is set the appropriate seat position to the way you want it. I've never had to move mine on top of the movement when I unlock the door.

Now - on the CL, since it's a 2+2, to get into the rear seat, both drivers and passengers seats tilt forward and motor to the front of their limit to allow more room. When you tilt the seat back, it motors to the previous position it was in - as long as the car is in Park. If you're in drive with your foot on the brake or neutral, etc, the seat will not move back to its original position.

Hope that helped. :)

Jay Gans said:

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
The way you turn off memory is hold down the unlock and lock at the same time
that will unlink it. I wasn't sure if that was the question you were asking but theres the answer anyhow.:D :bigok:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts