Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top three threads about problems with 1999 TL???????

Anyways. I bought my TL 2 years ago, only problem so far was a bad power steering pressure line, a left front wheel bearing and a full brake job with four rotors and four sets of pads. This morning I got into it to start it up, and it cranked somewhat slowly, but started ok. However, every light was lit up in it, TCS, SRS, maint req'd and when placed in gear, the maint req'd light would flash at the exact same frequency that the digital mileage readout was flashing too???? I shut the car off a couple of times, and got the TCS to go off, but the SRS remained lit. If my memory serves me correct, the only time the maint reqd and mileage would blink was if I was in gear(but I may be incorrect now) I did not have any transmission lights blinking at all, and it did seem to drive and shift without problems. I have never had any flared shifting issues, but do have the obligatory clunk when going into reverse at first startup when cold, letting the car warm up and/or letting it warm in neutral prior to placing in reverse does stop the clunk from happening. I am unsure if my wife left a map light on or not, so wondering if low battery power would trigger a flurry of lights in this fashion???? My wife just called and said the only light on in the car now is the SRS light, and nothing is flashing. :wtf:

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
It's theoretically possible, yes. Best to get a scan tool on it and see what, if any, codes are stored.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, read the codes today. First thing is, the battery terminals were EXTREMELY corroded, so first thought that could be my low voltage issue. Cleaned up the contacts and did an electrical system check at OReilly's. Initially showed battery power at 0%, however the car would start but crank slowly. Did an alternator check and it showed a "slightly" lowered voltage output. As we looked closer, the puter read "bad diode" So I read the codes, and it spit out one code p1607-internal circuit failure. Im assuming the diode hoepfully, as I just ordered a new alternator.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
DTC P1607: PCM Internal Circuit Malfunction

If the code doesn't return, it was an intermittent failure. If the code returns, reset the PCM. Here's how:

Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the No.13 CLOCK BACKUP fuse (7.5A) (A) from the passenger's under-dash fuse/relay box (B) for 10 seconds.

If you do this, do the idle learn procedure:

1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear window defogger, lights, etc.,) are off.

2. Start the engine, and hold it at 3,000 rpm with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194ºF (90ºC).

3. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.

NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, a new battery seems to have taken care of the issue. I did not replace the alternator yet. I have not had the electrical system tested back at O'Reilly's yet, to see if the p1607 code is back or not. The SRS light remains lit up, at this point, assuming that it is likely that the sensor in the passenger seat is responsible for the SRS light, but not definitive. Man I hate cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts