3,018 Posts
Nice car with great rims... :bigok:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kenS2000 said:
although the decision shouldn't be too hard: get the Supra TT
Well my dilemma is this...do I want the purer sports car or a big power monster? I know the 350Z will perform better in autocross events...the Supra is just too heavy and the balance is off while relying too heavily on power.

On the other hand if i were to get the supra...i would get the HKS GT twin turbo upgrade, R-Type Front mount intercooler, J-Spec Hiper Titanium exhaust (105mm piping!!!), fuel rails, injectors, pulley, cam gear, 272 intake/exhaust camshafts, TRD limited slip, BOV, F-Con Pro....all of this will cost a grip. I would compromise reliability for that priceless look on the faces of Viper drivers when they realize they got owned by a car with 4 less cylinders. I just dont want to get trapped in a money pit. :dunno:

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
I plan to create a money pit also w/a JZA80 TT some day. When? I have no clue yet, but that would be my project car.

Although the new Z is nice. :bigok:

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
jimster716 said:

Well my dilemma is this...do I want the purer sports car or a big power monster? I know the 350Z will perform better in autocross events...the Supra is just too heavy and the balance is off while relying too heavily on power.

On the other hand if i were to get the supra...i would get the HKS GT twin turbo upgrade, R-Type Front mount intercooler, J-Spec Hiper Titanium exhaust (105mm piping!!!), fuel rails, injectors, pulley, cam gear, 272 intake/exhaust camshafts, TRD limited slip, BOV, F-Con Pro....all of this will cost a grip. I would compromise reliability for that priceless look on the faces of Viper drivers when they realize they got owned by a car with 4 less cylinders. I just dont want to get trapped in a money pit. :dunno:
good arguements however i'm probably not as big of a fan of the 350Z as you guys are. I just ordered my car and the Z, though in my price range, I never even considered. A nice car, no doubt, but just not my style.

I'm quite sure the aftermarket will be big enough to keep you happy with a Z for a long time to come, but I just love Supras. Girls love them too. :bigok:

Their potential is unmatched with any other import car, in my opinion....they're soooo sexy and the power is just overwhelming. Plus while they won't handle like a Z will, they'll certainly be no slouch.

Regardless what you choose I'll still be like: :eek: :eek: :bigok: :bigok:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
wow thats most certainly a very tuff decision...me personally as much as i love the supras....and ken i totally agree w/ u..my girl who knows absolutly nuthin about cars loves supras... I think i would take the Z rather than mess w/ getting a used supra and going through all the hassels of having a car that you know has been ran hard and will continue to be run hard....But man everytime i think about 600 hp or so in a supra....wow, i really just don't know....Final conclusion....I'll take one of each

·
Registered
547 Posts
Then the answer is very easy. Wait for the Evolution to come out in Jan. AWD + horsepower = 350Z a**kickin'

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
valuetl said:
Then the answer is very easy. Wait for the Evolution to come out in Jan. AWD + horsepower = 350Z a**kickin'
unless Nissan gets smart and brings the AWD 350Z (aka: Skyline). Then there's a real car! :wired:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
baggsTLS said:

unless Nissan gets smart and brings the AWD 350Z (aka: Skyline). Then there's a real car! :wired:

agreed why can't we have skylines.

·
Registered
333 Posts
DAYUM!! I want, I want, I want!!
If I get the Z, those are the wheels I'm getting! TE37... naice.
The choice should be quite simple. Get the Z. Newer the better. You can't buy bran new Supra's anymore. And I personally don't like used cars. You never know what the previous owner did to the car. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I loved to TE37's too!!

Did you guys see the Blue TLS with the White TE37's?

I saw it on the TL-fourm!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.