Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so weeks ago there were sales at pep boys and some of you guys got the 3a racing tips for 20 bucks a piece... well we don't have that deal here in san jose area so i didn't get them... but after some thinking and my tax refund check coming in.... i decided i just can't wait any longer.

so last week i went to pep boys and got the last two 3a racing tips they had on the self for 25 bucks a piece. in case you wonder this is the 3.5" x 9" one. and let me say this makes the car looks so much better. i never want to get any exhuast coz' i don't want any noise with my car, so these tips are excellent for my needs.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
before 3. from the side, you can see that the tips are hidden under the kits, and it's not in line with the rear lip at all

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
installation in progress. the left is the new tips, the right is the stock tips. the new one is larger, and much more noticeable

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
during installation, from an angle. the close one is the stock one and the further one is the new tips. you can see that the new one sticks out more and it's thicker

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
installation finished. from the rear. you can see that the new tips are very noticeable and the car looks much more aggressive.

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
from the side, you can see how well the tips line up with the rear lip. and the tilted cut on the tip opening makes it look even better imho.

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
installation was very easy, nothing more than 10 mins. unbolt the stock ones and put on the new ones. you actually spend more them adjusting the level of the two.

for 50 bucks it looks great. it gives you a bit of the comptech exhuast feel but of course, this give you no hp gain. i got it coz' i never like the noise from aftermarket exhuast :)

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
162 Posts
dang..that looks dope~ makes me wanna get mine sooner.
thanks for the pics

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

and yeah i forgot to say. the tips, when installed, you will see the words 3a racing at the top of it, which might not be something you really want to have.

the only solution is if you have kit installed. without the rear lip, the tips will stick out about 1 1/2 inch from the bumper, and the 3a racing wordings would be fully exposed. but if you have the rear lip, the tips would line up perfect with it. there will be about 1 inch clearance between the lip and the tips, so you don't have to worry about the lips being too hot and melt the lip. i drove around for a while, and even though the tips were already too hot to touch, the lip was still cool.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Rominl, looks awesome

Rominl-.. I have these tips myself.. and i think they're a great addition.. my friend with the IS300 asked if they were my stock "exhausts" and i said.."yup"... and he was like....."really?".. he he he.. just tips buddy..just tips.

gosh..i gotta get these springs on my car soon.. i' need a digi cam and show some pics of my car... maybe austin and I will get this done this weekend... it'll be detailing on saturday.
-jyang411

·
Allez les Bleus
21,302 Posts
Rominl, did you get your car at Santa Monica Acura? Far from San Jose, ain't it?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dkrift said:
Rominl, did you get your car at Santa Monica Acura? Far from San Jose, ain't it?
i came from LA area and i lived in santa monica before i moved up to san jose last july. so that's why the car was from santa monica. it probably explains why i got over 12k miles on my car since july :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Weak!! I got 51K since November 2000

·
Allez les Bleus
21,302 Posts
rominl said:

i came from LA area and i lived in santa monica before i moved up to san jose last july. so that's why the car was from santa monica. it probably explains why i got over 12k miles on my car since july :)
I ask because that's where I got mine :p

Reminds me, I should fill out that questionaire.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Moomaster said:
Weak!! I got 51K since November 2000
HAHHAH..... you travel a lot between here and LA as well?

well i pass the 10k mark back in jan, but decided not to drive anymore coz' it's soooo boring during that 4 hr drive

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.