Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving to work at 6:30am this morning and pulls up next to me on I-290 going towards the city a brand spanking new Porsche Carrera. I had the biggest smile on my face since it was super duper shiny black and it sling shotted me a little bit so I got to see its rear end. I get on par w/ this german beast and we were at around 65MPH at this point. I downshift to 3rd and I know that its going on since the two lanes that we were in were clear for around 1/4 mile or so in front.

I look over and he's smiling at me looking over my way. I throw my hand up w/ three fingers and count down. Three, two, one......go......I hear that car just take off from 65MPH....I do a WOT and start pulling hard on him. Shift to 4th and we're right above 100MPH and I've got a good 2-3 car lead on him. I hit 120MPH w/ a good 3 car lead or so and shut it down. Gotta love the power in these cars!!!!!!!!

BTW, this was in my new ZO6, not in my 540i/6 ;)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Driven said:
So I was driving to work at 6:30am this morning and pulls up next to me on I-290 going towards the city a brand spanking new Porsche Carrera. I had the biggest smile on my face since it was super duper shiny black and it sling shotted me a little bit so I got to see its rear end. I get on par w/ this german beast and we were at around 65MPH at this point. I downshift to 3rd and I know that its going on since the two lanes that we were in were clear for around 1/4 mile or so in front.

BTW, this was in my new ZO6, not in my 540i/6 ;)
A Zo6 and a modded 540.:eek: The best of both worlds.:D Any mods to the Zo6?:) Pics?

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
there is:

911 Carrera Coupe
911 Carrera Cabriolet
911 Carrera 4 Coupe
911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
911 Carrera 4S

the Carrera 4 is an all-wheel drive version of the Carrera, which is a normal Porche 911.

go here for more info

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm raising the BS Flag on this one.

No fucking way your Z06 pulled 2-3 car lenghts on the new Carrera.

It shoulda been more like 4-5 cars...:D

Good Kill.

Ken, you're one lucky dude! I love the Z06's. You have the best of both worlds now.

What did you end up doing with your Breytons?

·
Token Lexus Guy
1,474 Posts
Lovely race, that Z06 is no joke. I got my ass whooped by one so bad it was not even funny.

Stock 996 can't fock with a Z06....:boink: :boink: :boink:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Sounds like what was expected to happen happened with a 'Vette vs. a regular Carrera in a straight line! Do you do any track events? You'd love those and would really get to tap into the potential of your automobile. The 'Vette club is really strong and Chicago probably is a large membership area for them. You wouldn't happen to know a guy named John Kula w/ a Yellow Z06 and Borla's up there would you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.