Acura World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I need your suggestions, and thumbs-up or thumbs-down from all. This is a quick mock-up of one idea I got for the front page:

AcuraWorld front page #1

The "Some Content..." crap would be replaced by announcements, news feeds, popular thread of the nanosecond...whatever. But let me know what you think. It's modeled after the NSX site, which is done in Flash - which I don't have time to emulate entirely:

NSX site

Let me know. :D

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
looks good :cool:

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crazy_AcurA said:
:confused: I dont see a TLS in that pic... :D
I like it. Maybe we can find a picture of all the Acuras in a line up.
Funny that you say that - I was explaining to Phil that the actual round pic will be a rotating animation that goes through the entire Acura lineup. I've already got all the images ready - just need to do the animation. Maybe if I get ambitious, I'll get that done tonight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like it!

If you go Flash, it would be nice if the load time was kept down -- there are a few sites where you have to hit the "skip intro" as they play the soundtrack to "Grand Prix" before you can head into the rest of the forum. :D

:beerchug: Cheers

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here you go with the animation:

Animated Acuras

edit - fixed the link because I'm retarded and forgot the "s" on "forums"... :rolleyes:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Looks nice, there is a pic on the back page of all the brochueres that have all the Acuras in Silver, if someone can find that one the web.

Or Scan that ish in.

New NSX looks sweet too:D :D

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
pgatour1 said:
Looks nice, there is a pic on the back page of all the brochueres that have all the Acuras in Silver, if someone can find that one the web.

Or Scan that ish in.

New NSX looks sweet too:D :D
havent seen any new brochures, but all of them used to have a bunch of old gen Acuras :-\

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Closer said:
looks bandwidth intensive. :confused:
No, it won't be - right now, the entire page is one giant image...easier to get quick opinions that way. If you guys like this, I'll do a slice-and-dice and there'll only be 3 images on the entire page - one being the animation, which shouldn't take up more than about 35K once its optimized. The rest - content and site links - will be plain text.

Granted, I'm not a graphics person. This was the best I could do with the time I had last night. If you guys see something else that you think would be better, post a link for me! :)

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Theoretically, I could make all the cars the same color - silver or what have you - but I like it with the different paint...if I Photoshop the paint job, it'll look flat. Thoughts?

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Looks good to me. Although, some people could have problems with it being so dark.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
Be-yutiful!!!! Me likes!

But I agree, I dont think the pictures shoulnt be so dark

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wyle E. Coyote said:
Looks good to me. Although, some people could have problems with it being so dark.
I've heard that from a couple of people now...I'll play with changing the colors later on tonight. :)

Thanks for all the opinions, guys.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
MikeS 18 said:

?? I think if you unravel this he wants the pictures dark.:confused: :wtf:
lol shut up.

I dont think the pictures should be so dark ;)

bastard ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.