Acura World banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within first 5 years of owning this car, the transmission showed problems. It was under warranty, so a new transmission was put into the car. 200,000 miles later, and the transmission is showing some slipping. I keep the car in beautiful shape, interior and exterior looks great. I have an original navigation system, so I can enter info while driving. Bose radio. It's a great car. However, it might be time to look for another car. :( Last ditch effort, I checked Yelp and found a mechanic with perfect ratings. He suggested putting 3 quarts of new transmission fluid into the engine. Since then, the car has shown a remarkable difference, but still some slight slippage. I drive my car like an old woman. It's great on the highway. Doesn't show any slippage then, just in early gears. Mechanic suggests that I change the transmission fluid every time I change the oil and filter, and the car should continue running for another couple years or so. Just in case, I am looking for a good used Acura. Any suggestions for good years and models? I found a 2006 with 73,ooo miles for $15,000. MPG 20/29. Could I do better than this? Thank you. :beerchug:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts