Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
how could you say Osram is of better quality of Philips...I rally have piece of mind w/my 6000K upgrade...is it better just because they are what the manufacturer chooses to use...Philips Ultinons are made in Germany where most manufacturers buy their bulbs from...Shyne:king:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
Shyne said:
how could you say Osram is of better quality of Philips...I rally have piece of mind w/my 6000K upgrade...is it better just because they are what the manufacturer chooses to use...Philips Ultinons are made in Germany where most manufacturers buy their bulbs from...Shyne:king:
While Osram is also made in Germany. :)
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlackShadow said:
So which is better and why?:dunno:
imo i think both should be just fine. both are made in germany and both are good products. everyone knows philips is good, but we all know our stock hid are durable too.

one thing for sure is philips will be much more expensive and it's much harder to find. i think it's more like you pay for the brand name.

my 2 cents
 

·
That is all.....
Joined
·
5,936 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:


While Osram is also made in Germany. :)
So you being biased again and saying euro products are better than all others?:mad: :dunno:j/k No really I've never heard of this company. The price is great and all, but how do you know anybody who installed the Osram doesn't have any problems...:D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Osram= good bulbs

I hope you guys all know that Osram is the just another name for Sylvania; they're the exact same company.

Sylvania has established a name for itself in specifically one area: lighting. Typically, if a company only does one thing, you'd expect that they'd do it really well. Philips, on the other hand, is primarily an electronics manufacturer that has a smaller lighting branch. I can tell you for sure that Sylvania makes a whole lot more automotive light bulbs than Philips. This is Sylvania/Osram's area of expertise. Go to any local auto parts store for replacement bulbs and they'll most likely have a ton of Sylvania/Osrams. Why? because that's the industry standard.

Acura chose to use Osram capsules in our HID lamps. Most likely, you could use another brand of HID capsule with our ballasts and igniters and not have any problems. However, I would tend to think that Osram capsules would be better suited to our application. You might get a longer life, run at a more optimal color temperature, or maybe no benefit at all from using Osram capsules. Still, at least you have the assurance that you're using a bulb that's as close to stock reliability/quality as possible, but with a cooler bluer look.

Ray, sign me up for a pair of Osrams. As long as they don't cost much more than the Philips, of course. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
D2S and D2R sockets are ever so slightly different. A notch is in a different location. Nothing a file or dremel can't solve.
I imagine this would apply to the Osram and the Philips.

Excellent news Ray. Yay we get a warranty on the bulbs! Enough talk. I'm ready to buy.

-J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
Bebber said:
D2S and D2R sockets are ever so slightly different. A notch is in a different location. Nothing a file or dremel can't solve.
I imagine this would apply to the Osram and the Philips.

Excellent news Ray. Yay we get a warranty on the bulbs! Enough talk. I'm ready to buy.

-J
I stand corrected then. I never knew that. hehehe! Sorry I didn't call you back again...Josh..... :D I'll try to get you a set ASAP..so maybe we can get some comparo pics up or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:


What modification? It's plug and play. :dunno:

Also...there is a 1 year warranty. :)
I know that the D2R is just plug and play but there is a slight modification for the D2S. I just want to know if it is the same modification done on the phillip as it is for the osram.

BTW, does anybody have a side by side pic of a phillip 6000k and the osram 6000k? Is there any difference of shade or hue or is it the same but just different company?

Sorry for all the ?s.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
BlackShadow said:


I know that the D2R is just plug and play but there is a slight modification for the D2S. I just want to know if it is the same modification done on the phillip as it is for the osram.

BTW, does anybody have a side by side pic of a phillip 6000k and the osram 6000k? Is there any difference of shade or hue or is it the same but just different company?

Sorry for all the ?s.:D
I believe same modification. bebber will be our test subject! :D j/k ;)

Unfortunatly...no side by side pics...I've been told they look the same for colorness. But we'll never know until we try both at the same time! If I can get a set and install it in bebber's car....i'll call up volkracing and compare the two. volkracing is using the Phillips 6000K....while bebber will be using the Osram 6000K. :naughty:
 

·
I am no one
Joined
·
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i am pretty sure you have to do the same kind of modification to the d2s in order to have it fit on our housing. it's not that hard at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:


I believe same modification. bebber will be our test subject! :D j/k ;)

Unfortunatly...no side by side pics...I've been told they look the same for colorness. But we'll never know until we try both at the same time! If I can get a set and install it in bebber's car....i'll call up volkracing and compare the two. volkracing is using the Phillips 6000K....while bebber will be using the Osram 6000K. :naughty:
Ray, if you can get them side by side for me, YOU DA MAN!:D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top