Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
umm.... somehow the number 1500 is floating in my mind. i am not 100% sure though, coz' MOST of the time you will have to repair the fenders and bumpers and hood as well.

err....... don't tell me yours is stolen....

·
290 Posts
BlueTL said:
no mine is still here for the moment, "never say Never", a shop is selling a pair for less than that, "1500" i was wondering should i buy a pair, stock it up .
Don't do it, that would be jinxing yourself :bigcry:

Bryan

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
BlueTL said:
how much for our HID headlights from the DEAler if they were stolen?
Hey Ian,

I think you have 00TL right?
Here you go.

Headlamp Lens & Housing $185.94
HID Bulb $200.88
HID Ignitor $133.45
HID Control Module $237.83
HID Control Module BRKT $10.92
Bulb holder $15.23
Headlamp Seal INNER & OUTER $10.90
Corner light Socket & bulb $8.93
Hight beam bulb $6.63

Total price for one side Headlamp Assy. $810.71
$1,621.42 for both.

:thumbsup:

·
1,959 Posts
BlueTL said:
no mine is still here for the moment, "never say Never", a shop is selling a pair for less than that, "1500" i was wondering should i buy a pair, stock it up .
Stock up?!? :dunno: You got insurance right? Well insurance should cover any damage done by theft. You pay the deductible and it gets repaired. If you plan on stocking up, you might as well stock up on every single part of the TL - who knows what might break down or needs replacement! :sqnteek:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
and keep in mind, when they steal your headlight they are not gonna just steal it, they are gonna break your bumper, pry open the hood as well as the two side fenders. pretty much all owners with stolen headlights they are facing a 3-4k repairs, meaning that insurance is a must. so why bother with a second set as a backup :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:

hah you mean the headlight or the repair :)
Probably both!! :D

·
3,076 Posts
You should probably buy about 5 trannys LOL :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
iamritesh said:
I just had my headlights stolen. Total damage more than $ 4000.
Really p***ed. Those M***F****.
well you can type pissed and motherfucker actually...

sorry to hear that man, what state are you in? yeah the total damage would be that much, coz' your hood, fenders, and bumpers are all damaged on top of the missing headlight

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tuff Gong and Rominl

I am in NJ.

Any guys here got any after market alarms installed ? what type ? what cost ?

Also wondering if installing any of these alarms will prevent them from doing this again.

Any one any ideas ?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
nop, hardly can you prevent it. i notice that almost all headlight jacks happen in NJ and NY.... bad idea with high demand i guess.

anyway, a lot of people add shock sensors to the factory alarm, shouldn't cost much.

but then like i said it's hard to prevent, coz' it only takes those theives 5 mins to 10 at most to steal both your headlights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eternal, I am in Edison. And my lights were stolen right outside my apartment !!!!

Also the guy who is fixing my car says he has done about 100 in 2002. He just started laughing when I said that my head lights got stolen. Well Later on when he told me that I was not the only one hurt and blah.....blah.....blah.

I am thinking of going for after market alarm. Viper 790XV sounds good so far cause it has a pager in it. On top of that I will install motion sensors and air horns !!!!

I cannot still believe it. I love the car but sometimes feel what the heck if i cannot go to sleep or go anywhere without worrying about the stupid lights !!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.