Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this car a couple months ago. Car is fine driving around town all day long no problem. Drive at highway speeds for 30mins or more and then slow down below 25mph it starts to overheat then returns to normal after getting back to highway speeds. I have burped the radiator, changed thermostat, flushed and refilled radiator. Fans appear to work when AC is running but shut off as I shut off AC. Not sure if they run while I'm driving. Any ideas because I am baffled. This is my first Acura and first foreign car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
overheating

Bought this car a couple months ago. Car is fine driving around town all day long no problem. Drive at highway speeds for 30mins or more and then slow down below 25mph it starts to overheat then returns to normal after getting back to highway speeds. I have burped the radiator, changed thermostat, flushed and refilled radiator. Fans appear to work when AC is running but shut off as I shut off AC. Not sure if they run while I'm driving. Any ideas because I am baffled. This is my first Acura and first foreign car.
I was having a similar issue where my 2000 Acura RL was over heating. I Since I had changed the thermostat about a month ago I wanted to rule it out. But just to be sure I removed the thermostat and ran w/o it. Car still over heated. I then disconnected the radiator fan connectors and ran a positve and negative wire from the battery to the fan connectors. Both fans came on. I looked up the cooling system on my phone and ran across the temperature sensor. Luckily I was troubleshooting this in front of a autozone. I replaced the temp sensor and 5 minutes later I was back on the road. My Acura has not overheated since.

Good Luck!!

Fhutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was having a similar issue where my 2000 Acura RL was over heating. I Since I had changed the thermostat about a month ago I wanted to rule it out. But just to be sure I removed the thermostat and ran w/o it. Car still over heated. I then disconnected the radiator fan connectors and ran a positve and negative wire from the battery to the fan connectors. Both fans came on. I looked up the cooling system on my phone and ran across the temperature sensor. Luckily I was troubleshooting this in front of a autozone. I replaced the temp sensor and 5 minutes later I was back on the road. My Acura has not overheated since.

Here is a good video on how to replace a temp sensor.
www/youtube.com/watch?v=IXSp5ykI6po_)

Good Luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.