Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start, I thought I had a overheating problem and read the previous posts in this forum for possible solutions (thermostat, fan relay, air in radiator, etc..). Turns out my fans don't kick in until the temp gauge is in the "OH SH*T" range. :eek:

So my question is how do I adjust the setting when the fans come on to a lower temperature. When I'm on the highway, no problems. But it's when idleing or city driving that the temp spikes. It's just too close for my comfort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all fuses with a meter and visually. They work. If there is no other way to lower the temperature when the fans turn on then I'm leaning toward re-wiring the fans to stay on all the time. I just don't like to see my temp gauge get so close to the red line with an aluminum engine.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check the radiator temp sensor but I'm not trying to be stuck on the road with a cracked block. I'd rather have the car running cool than be stuck a long red light and watch that gauge get higher. I think just having the fans on all the time might be the simplest solution. Maybe not the right one but I'm only trying to make the car last 1 more year.

I thank you for your ideas everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts