Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has a car effic low code, so i put on a straight pipe with two glass packs and elimated all mufflers, the cat and resonator... I unplugged the second oxygen sensor too,

But now instead of just a cat effic low code i have a p1676 code? Car runs perfect too

And yes i have read the nova scotia motor vehical inspection manual of 2013

Any ideas would be apreciated

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
You'll need to reset the PCM.

Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the No.13 CLOCK BACKUP fuse (7.5A) (A) from the passenger's under-dash fuse/relay box (B) for 10 seconds.

Then, do the idle learn procedure:

Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear window defogger, lights, etc.,) are off.

Start the engine, and hold it at 3,000 rpm with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194ºF (90ºC).

Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.

NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll need to reset the PCM.

Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the No.13 CLOCK BACKUP fuse (7.5A) (A) from the passenger's under-dash fuse/relay box (B) for 10 seconds.

Then, do the idle learn procedure:

Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear window defogger, lights, etc.,) are off.

Start the engine, and hold it at 3,000 rpm with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194ºF (90ºC).

Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.

NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
I reset the engine light with my obd3 scan tool 2 days ago and the p1676 never came back. Is resetting it with the scan tool the same effect as what you seid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.