Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news... Dave Peterson from Superior Acura called me and he said he'd fix the paint scratch I found when I removed my splash guards under a goodwill warranty.

If you guys haven't done it yet, remove your splash guards and inspect the paint under there. My splash guards ground the paint all the way down to the metal.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
daverman said:
Great news... Dave Peterson from Superior Acura called me and he said he'd fix the paint scratch I found when I removed my splash guards under a goodwill warranty.

If you guys haven't done it yet, remove your splash guards and inspect the paint under there. My splash guards ground the paint all the way down to the metal.
congrats man! can't get any better. so you are briging in your cr soon?

and for others, yes, make sure you take off your mud guards asap... it's evil

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Paint scratch from splash guard to be repaired for free

rominl said:
congrats man! can't get any better. so you are briging in your cr soon?
Monday if it doesn't rain, otherwise it'll have to be rescheduled.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Does the same go for the CL?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Iridium130 said:
Does the same go for the CL?
yes i believe so. i think both the tl and cl use the same mechanism to mount the mud guards, which is very stupid coz' the mud guards are still free to move / vibrate

·
Registered
168 Posts
daverman said:
Wow, a case of good service from Acura. Congrats. I'm not sure if my dealer would have done that.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
I need to go to the hardware store today - I'm looking for some foam rubber I can put between the body and the guard. The guards are damn necessary in FL - keep rocks, dirt, etc from kicking up on the paint. MY CLS didn't have them, and I wished it did when I washed it and found scratches. :(

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Good to know Daverman..
I am taking mine off this weekend (bodykit install) and if there are scratches I'll be sure to take it to Dave Peterson.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2001TL4KCdude said:
Good to know Daverman..
I am taking mine off this weekend (bodykit install) and if there are scratches I'll be sure to take it to Dave Peterson.
Ehh, don't tell him I gave you the idea :sqnteek: At least not before I get mine fixed! :p

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
autoxCLS said:
I need to go to the hardware store today - I'm looking for some foam rubber I can put between the body and the guard. The guards are damn necessary in FL - keep rocks, dirt, etc from kicking up on the paint. MY CLS didn't have them, and I wished it did when I washed it and found scratches. :(
Sky u can't use the guards if ur getting the body kit... :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
autoxCLS said:
just a matter of time :) tell us you are gonna install body kits ;)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hooray, hooray, the wonderful service dept. at Superior Acura has fixed my mud guard scratches for free. Not only that, the paint guy went over my car and took care of some miscellaneous rock chips as well.

Overall an unqualified excellent rating for Dave Peterson's team. Well done.

The discolorations you see in the "After" pic are shadows from the trees. The paint job is great.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Hell yeah I'm looking for some black mudguards...I'll be polishing them down to 1600 grit then putting Xpel under them...but yeah sell em to me :D

Austin519

·
Registered
737 Posts
mine has already been messed with and im sure they are gonna say i did it...anyways, im really mad...glad yours is fixed though...Shyne:king:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Shyne said:
mine has already been messed with and im sure they are gonna say i did it...anyways, im really mad...glad yours is fixed though...Shyne:king:
man i hear ya, i am pretty much on the same boat as you

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
daverman said:

Ehh, don't tell him I gave you the idea :sqnteek: At least not before I get mine fixed! :p
No scratches on mine..:)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
rominl said:

man i hear ya, i am pretty much on the same boat as you
Escalate the issue. If your dealer won't fix talk to manager, if he won't, call Acura Customer Care.

I was in the same boat as you guys, but I got them to fix it! And they agreed to strip and repaint three of my panels completely not just touch it up!

I faxed a letter to Acura Customer Care and within an hour my dealer called back and said the District waranntee guy said they would cover it!

I wish I knew his extension, but I talked to a 'Josh' at Customer Care which has my case documented and is investigating the issue because I was not too happy in the letter I faxed them.

So, call! Everybody call who has had or is having problems with these garbage splash gaurds! They will fix it, they know of the issue!

Good luck, and don't give up the fight ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.