Acura World banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Today I went to meet with BozzTL-S and by his A C U R A letters> he is very nice and stuff. After I drove home. I say what the heck let me stop at home depot and by a black spray pant. I got the pant for 6 dollars. Go home and do it. It only took me 5 minutes to paint it. Now the pipe you can't see the rusted and white anymore in a far distance. :) Cheap easy mod to do.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Holy crap calvin, forget the 6 bucks for spray paint, invest some of your money in HOOKED ON PHONICS books.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey calvin,
i've been thinking about doing that as well. did you have to wash and/or prime it first before you painted it? if not, do you think it will peel off? i was thinking about doing it in silver. what do the rest of you guys think would look better? my car is laguna green (grey :D ) and i have silver wheels.
thanks,
peter.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) i used the towel and clean the place i want to pant it. then wait for it to dry then spray it on. if it peel i will pain again.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
any one got any pictures of this mod????

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Pic 1

Pic 2

Real easy to do, I used one of those wire brushes to get any salt/crap build up rubbed off, cleaned off/let dry and sprayed on.

edit: Just make sure you mask off really well, you don't want any overspray getting on ur wheels ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my look like that. it took me 2 minutes to clean those stuff offf. then wait for it to dry off then spray two coats on that it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
should i paint mine silver since i have comptech exhausts and silver wheels? what do you guys think?
peter.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Petrie2001 said:
should i paint mine silver since i have comptech exhausts and silver wheels? what do you guys think?
peter.
No, ick. Unless you want to take off you exhaust to make sure you actually get the paint right and then cover it in a million coats so it doesnt chip from rocks. The whole reason everyone goes black it so it's invisible and it's never noticed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i see. that makes sense. i think i'm going to paint it black then.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
118 Posts
Petrie2001 said:
peter.
Yah, I would. I did w/ mine. I think it would match better than black.

·
Registered
201 Posts
kobe,
do you have any pics of your y-pipe?
thanks,
peter.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Yeah,

I see alot of members with painted Y-pipe but never seen the pic. :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
holy crap, hook on fonics worked for me :D and songoku...u have bootiful rims

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
118 Posts
Petrie2001 said:
kobe,
do you have any pics of your y-pipe?
thanks,
peter.
here you go...the pic quality's not too good

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.