Acura World banner

Painting Calipers

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  edgalang 
#1 ·
OK.. so I bought the Folia Tec brake caliper KIT.

I have a question for anyone who has painted with this KIT.

This KIT includes two liquids... the laquer (paint) and a hardener, which you have to mix together before using.

The guy at the shop told me to only mix ONLY the amount you are going to use and save the rest for later.

I will probably do the front wheels first and do both coats (on a Saturday 2 hr between coats) and then do the Rear on the Sunday, since the KIT says it need 24hr to completely dry.

My question is....
How Do you know how much of the laquer and paint to mix ? The instructions are not clear...?

Thanks to all who reply!

#3 ·
Yup. Go to Pacific malls or First Markham, they go for about 60$. You can choose between red, yellow or black.

#4 ·
TLS RULZ, where in missisauga are you? If you are painting it, I am interested in your help since I don't have a jack :eek:

#5 ·
fahoumh: Hey bud... yup I got mine from Pacific Mall ...$55. Went for the Silver .. since my car is SSM I want the CLEAN look.

Tatewaki: I;m near Erin Mills Town Center... I have not bought a jack yet... but I will do so soon... I don't know yet when I'm going to do this mod... I am busy at work..(even today)! I'll keep you informed.. I wanna check up your car. looks good.

asiankidd2: That is why I'm looking for people who have used this KIT and have some TIPs...
AND I don't want paint... I wanted a Laquer finish.... apparently I heard that the gloss stays on longer... :dunno:

Still waiting for any tips

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.