Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parking brake lever doesn't latch in position when I depress it. Sometimes I have to press the lever many times before it finally stays locked down. Does anyone know if Acura will fix that under warantee?

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
What year / model is your car and how many miles does it have on it? Unless the problem is with the brake pads themselves, they should fix it. The pads and rotors are the only parts of the braking system NOT covered.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2001 TL. The problem is with the lever. The parking brakes hold when depressed. The lever, however, doesn't lock into place most of the time - it just pops back up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've had the parking brake latching problem before too. At first I thought it was just a poor design and I'd find myself stepping on the brake a couple of times to make it latch.

yeah, they should fix it for free under warranty. :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I am sure ACURA will fix under warranty

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, thanks guys. At first I thought it was bad design too...but now it doesn't latch at all so it's time to get it fixed. I'll tell my dealer about it when I bring the TL in for maintenance next Monday. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.