Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I heard about a great deal at my local Costco warehouse, selling a set of PIAA solitaire fog lights for $40. Comes with all the wiring and stuff too. I should probably get it and give it a try.

Is it easy to install fogs on a 99-01 TL? What kind of drilling would be required? Which colored wires are good to tap into?
All your help is appreciated.:)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Bebber said:
Hey,

I heard about a great deal at my local Costco warehouse, selling a set of PIAA solitaire fog lights for $40. Comes with all the wiring and stuff too. I should probably get it and give it a try.

Is it easy to install fogs on a 99-01 TL? What kind of drilling would be required? Which colored wires are good to tap into?
All your help is appreciated.:)
this is as close as what i could find

http://www.acura-tl.com/faq.htm#4c

btw, costco sells these kind of car stuff? i thought they only sell batteries and engine oils and tools :)

·
1,959 Posts

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Hey Josh,

Which Costco???

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I'll have a closer look and see if it's worth the hassle of installing these fogs.

Costco sells all sorts of things. Sometimes different stores will carry different merchandise. They've been selling these PIAA fogs in the automotive section of the Yorba Linda Costco for the past several months. The price keeps on coming down on them cause they must not be selling too hot. It's down to $40 now and I doubt it could get much cheaper, they'll run out of them at this price.

Paul, you want to get a set too and we'll install ours together on the same day?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Bebber said:

Paul, you want to get a set too and we'll install ours together on the same day?
Hey Josh,

Haven't you seen my car when you came to my shop the other day??
I've already have one!! :D

BTW, where are you planning to install your fogs? Corner pocket??

·
1,959 Posts
songoku said:

Hey Josh,

Haven't you seen my car when you came to my shop the other day??
I've already have one!! :D

BTW, where are you planning to install your fogs? Corner pocket??

If it's going in the corner pocket (fake fog light hole), it will be a real pain to get it installed. Both Paul & I know from experience.
:D But of course, it depends how big the solitare fogs are. Got any pics?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, you got fogs already, yeah. It's just that you sounded interested in getting another set, so I wasn't sure.

The fake fog holes seem like an ideal mounting location since then they would no longer be fake fog holes. Yet, I don't really like the work involved in cutting, making brackets and all that jazz.

The lower grill area might be a better choice, just for ease of installation.

The solitaires are a somewhat flat looking oval shape lamp. Think of an ellipse with a high degree of eccentricity. They're pretty small overall and have a slight bluish tint to the front lens.
Sorry, I don't have pics.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Bebber said:
The lower grill area might be a better choice, just for ease of installation.
Flat looking oval shape lamp??
If that's the case, I think each corner of the lower grille location is better choice!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dvsrice said:
josh, you can do what i did i put them in the bottom grill part of the car and i used rivits to lock those babies down so if someone wants to take it they got to cut it out.
\

Now there's an idea! How hard was that to do? Maybe I'll need to take a closer look at your car sometime and see what you're talking about.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Bebber said:
\

Now there's an idea! How hard was that to do? Maybe I'll need to take a closer look at your car sometime and see what you're talking about.
it really wasn't that hard to put on, and if you go sunday you can go see them agian. I'm going to meet up with ray.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
u have a pic of these fogs?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
StylinAccord said:
u have a pic of these fogs?
Couldn't find the pic anywhere.. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?...114&subid=858&hierid=1638&prdid=10017415&log=

Its not a great picture, but it gives you a better idea of what they look like. This is found by doing a search for "piaa" from the costco.com website. Anyone have these installed? How are they? I was thinking of gettings these for my accord, but was unsure of the quality, improvement in vision and simplicity of installation.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Great job to find the pic. ;)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
thats a deal...which costo was this?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
StylinAccord said:
thats a deal...which costo was this?
yorba linda cosco...cool...i live close to the one in tustin...the irvine one is kinda close to...i'll go check it out later on this week!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup. that's the right picture. $40 while supplies last. I still haven't decided for sure whether I should mount these in the center section or drill out the fake fog lamp holes. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Bebber said:
Yup. that's the right picture. $40 while supplies last. I still haven't decided for sure whether I should mount these in the center section or drill out the fake fog lamp holes. :dunno:
damn i wanna go pick them up tom...can i borrow somebodies cosco card???;) :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.