Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
looks dope......those look like the type of wheel that look would look even better if they were an inch larger in diameter. Why didn't you go w/ 19's? Do you live in NY?:p

·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They actually look bigger in person. The tires don't look so "tall" the camera kinda "smudged" them...

Bryan

fahoumh said:
looks dope......those look like the type of wheel that look would look even better if they were an inch larger in diameter. Why didn't you go w/ 19's? Do you live in NY?:p

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
Well, even a 1" drop from the H&R OE springs would make the look complete, and should cost less than $250, including install. Imagine what it would look like, then. :boink:

·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was thinking about the OE drop, but once I get my audio system in it might make the rear end sag. The Brax amp alone weighs 65lbs...

I might just risk it and go Comptech. We will see

Bryan

SimTypeS said:
Well, even a 1" drop from the H&R OE springs would make the look complete, and should cost less than $250, including install. Imagine what it would look like, then. :boink:

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
When I installed my box, it lowered my car (H&R Sports) about 1/4", and the box weighs almost 100 lbs. I replaced it, though. Didn't need two 12's in there.
The H&R OE's should be fine, if you don't want to lower it as much as the Comptechs.

·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah but I will probably have somewhere in the neighborhood of 250-300lbs in the trunk when I am done (both amps, Velodyne servo's, sub box, sound deadening...) I really think that the back end will sag if I do an even drop.

Any idea how low the Comptech's will make the car when compared to a 94 Ford Probe GT? I drove that car for years without any problems in the winter. I know it is lower than the stock TL-S but I don't know how much lower...

Bryan

SimTypeS said:
When I installed my box, it lowered my car (H&R Sports) about 1/4", and the box weighs almost 100 lbs. I replaced it, though. Didn't need two 12's in there.
The H&R OE's should be fine, if you don't want to lower it as much as the Comptechs.

·
Registered
737 Posts
damn that looks good...you know what you gotta do...drop it sport style, add a wing, throw on a body kit, and you got one exotic import:D...oh dont forget about an HKS exhaust...Shyne:king:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.