Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some requests, I have managed to secure my brother's digital camera and get some pictures of my Canadian-only vehicle for all you curious Americans to see.

Since we're still in winter up here, please don't mind the dirt! When spring comes and I get a chance to wash and clean the car by hand, maybe I'll retake some pictures.

Side and back windows with 35% tint.
I don't have my standard 15 spoke alloys on, as I'm running with winter tires on steel rims and cheap wheel covers from Canadian Tire until the winter is over (even though there's not much snow on the ground right now!) as well as winter wiper blades and winter floor mats (in the pictures below). Someone on the EL forum posted pictures of his EL with the standard alloys on, so check it out over there if you want to see what they look like.

Nice wide opening for the trunk (for a small car!), with an Alpine 6-disc CD changer mounted on the upper right.

Same 1.7L VTEC engine as in the U.S. Civic EX and Canadian Civic Si (coupe).

Check out the flat floor in the rear, just like in the new Civics and CR-V's.

The inside cabin is so bright becasue the sunshade on the moonroof is open! Ass warmer buttons beside the 12V accessory outlet, and that's 240 km on the speedometer, not 240 miles! :D

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Looks awesome! :D :D :D

Is the 1.7EL available with a Type-S trim?

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Unfortunately, no Type-S trim for the EL. There probably isn't a big enough market for this car to warrant it, being it's only sold in Canada.

The EL is only available is 3 trim levels. Touring, Premium and Limited.

Premium upgrades the cloth seats and door trim in the Touring to leather, adds a moonroof, and front heated seats.

Limited was just introduced recently and adds a 6 CD-changer, rear splash guards, rear spoiler, gold emblem kit and a Limited badge at a deep discount as opposed to getting most of these added onto the Premium model. The only colour available for the Limited is Nighthawk Black exterior and Ebony interior w/leather. There will only be 1000 Limited EL's made.

I've got all of those extras anyways, except for the gold emblem kit, Limited badge and rear spoiler...and of course I have the silver exterior instead. With all the snow and salt we get in the winter, silver holds up better than black!

·
Registered
179 Posts
How much do they cost in US$ ?? I think that is one hell of a lot better then a Civic in the asthetics dept.. Id loooove to mod the hell out of that for a daily driver !

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, that's not a bolt conversion. Those are fake bolts on cheap wheel covers I got at Canadian Tire to cover up my steel rims I have my winter tires mounted on...the real 4 bolts are on the steel rims underneath. The cheap wheel covers were $15 each as opposed to $45 each for genuine Acura bolt-on wheel covers that I'd only use for 3-4 months out of the year...you do the math. Come spring time, I'll put my all seasons back on, which are mounted on the standard 15 spoke alloy wheels.

As for price of the EL...here in Canada, it costs about as much as a base model Honda Accord, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of $22k-$24k Canadian.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Theoretically, the cost would just be the hub and / or rotor replacement. I dunno about finding a hub with said bolt pattern, but it doesn't seem like too much work, from a theoretical standpoint. Anyone have a HELMS on the EL?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts