Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to some pics of my car...the trunk is currently undergoing some minor changes...primarily color & removal of vinyl.

Let me know what you guys think... :afro: LINK

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh man seriously?? you have possibly the best looking and most functional system of any TL i've ever seen. i'm way beyond impressed. i love the look of the trunk...and even more i love the way you did the dash and console install.

i WISH i had the balls to do a custom system in my ol' TL like you did.

MUCHO props, brah!

·
Registered
29,610 Posts
Very very nice! I love the setup. One question. What are the two things in front of the seats? They look like cross overs but I can't really tell.:dunno:

If so, how are they mounted. I can't really tell from the picture. Looks awesome man!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

Each is a 30 band EQ...one for each side of the car. I cut a hole in the plastic at the base of the seat and mounted the brakets to the underside of the seats...the EQs slide right in on the brakets.
When pushed in they are flush and totally unnoticable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
whats in the cupholder? do u have some more pics of the eq? i wanna see a close up of it open and closed. so the left and right side have seperate eqs? couldnt that be a bad thing?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bnaderi said:
whats in the cupholder? do u have some more pics of the eq? i wanna see a close up of it open and closed. so the left and right side have seperate eqs? couldnt that be a bad thing?
The stream of lights on the driver's side is a Zapco DA II digital/analog converter...it basically hightens the digital sound of CD's....it actually is really annoying b/c it picks up everything on the recording...so if the song is recorded with a hiss in the background you'll hear it. However on clean recordings the sound is amazing!!! The knobs on the passenger side is a Zapco SX-SL. It is the master volume control & crossover.

I don't have a pic of the Eq's up close but I'll work on that for you. As for them being separate being a bad thing...no not really. If gives me the the option to tune the car more precisely. It is a pain in the a$$ though b/c I am constantly tinkering with them. I think I have finally found a solid setting for them and it only took me 3 months. :D

·
Registered
29,610 Posts
SlyTLS said:
Thanks guys!

Each is a 30 band EQ...one for each side of the car. I cut a hole in the plastic at the base of the seat and mounted the brakets to the underside of the seats...the EQs slide right in on the brakets.
When pushed in they are flush and totally unnoticable.
Very trick! I love it. I am considering getting the D/A converter for my Zapco setup.

Proposed setup

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grey Goose...I've seen & Heard the new JL 12W6V...all I can say is insane! My friend has 1 in his Mini Cooper...it sounded clean and hit hard. Totally impressed, I just wish they used the same enclosure size as my current 10W6s. :(

The DA-II is a great edition but like I said it's too sensitive. I am still trying to figure out a way to reduce the hissing heard with almost every CD...I can say, I would have never imagined that CD recordings were so poorly recorded. :dunno:

·
Registered
29,610 Posts
SlyTLS said:
Grey Goose...I've seen & Heard the new JL 12W6V...all I can say is insane! My friend has 1 in his Mini Cooper...it sounded clean and hit hard. Totally impressed, I just wish they used the same enclosure size as my current 10W6s. :(

The DA-II is a great edition but like I said it's too sensitive. I am still trying to figure out a way to reduce the hissing heard with almost every CD...I can say, I would have never imagined that CD recordings were so poorly recorded. :dunno:
yeah, I am most likely not going to go with the D/A converter. Thanks for the heads up. Let me know if you have any suggestions on my setup.

·
Registered
737 Posts
hey thats a fucking phat ass system...im loving the momo's...nice modding done all throughout the car...good job...Shyne:king:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Dang~~ Nice system & interior!! :bigok:

·
Registered
237 Posts
hey sly, got a couple questions

1) where did u get the ABP paint from, and how did u apply it?

2) whats in ur cupholder?

3) what is ur box made out of or covered with to give that curve effect

4) can u take some pics durin the day i want to see ur grill and red calipers from a far but noticable distance to see what they look like

looks nice though

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bnaderi said:
hey sly, got a couple questions

1) where did u get the ABP paint from, and how did u apply it?

2) whats in ur cupholder?

3) what is ur box made out of or covered with to give that curve effect

4) can u take some pics durin the day i want to see ur grill and red calipers from a far but noticable distance to see what they look like

looks nice though
1) I had the autobody shop handle the painting aspect of things.

2) The stream of lights on the driver's side is a Zapco DA II digital/analog converter...it basically hightens the digital sound of CD's....it actually is really annoying b/c it picks up everything on the recording...so if the song is recorded with a hiss in the background you'll hear it. However on clean recordings the sound is amazing!!! The knobs on the passenger side is a Zapco SX-SL. It is the master volume control & crossover.

3) It's made of fiberglass

4) I'll try to get you the pics but it's going to be hard b/c my schedule is a bit full.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.