Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I'm new to the forum. I'm having issues with my 2014 Acura headlights. I've replaced the bulb 4 TIMES since December 2019. I took the car to the dealership and had them replaced, had the electrical and wiring checked to figure out why my lights are always super dim, actually dangerously dim. They found no issue. I know there was a recall on this issue, but my vehicle wasn't part of the recall. I'm looking for a suggestion to replace the entire headlight set, not just the bulbs. Has anyone had this issue, if so what headlight set did you use so you can see at night?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have a wiring corrosion problem somewhere. Most often this occurs on the plug that engages the bulb. The high resistance that buildsvthen dims the headlamp and creates great heat in the plug. This further damages the plug and leads to premature bulb failure.

Sounds like your problem?

I expect you will need to have the bulb jack replaced. This is not expensive, but it is important to do it correctly.

Use electrical grease on the new connection to reduce the chances of the problem coming back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts