Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum !
Sorry for the lengthy and generic nature of this first post but I'm truly frustrated with my current search for a replacement for my recently totaled '11 Acura TSX- tech .

I generally liked the TSX as a daily commuter and loved the ELS in the tech ( couldn't care less about the NAV )...but I did feel that at some point in time I began to question my initial "like" for this car . I generally attributed this to the 5 speed AT coupled with the 4 cyl ( HUGE 4 cyl). Style wise I really liked the interior and loved the expected reliability with the Acura as I had upgraded from an 04 Audi A4 ( wow - talk about a LIST of expensive problems )

So - I've identified a few cars out of the gate that I'm considering for a daily commuter [ ~30 miles/day ](occasional road trips) that I currently plan on having for 5-7 years :

14' Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L - Now ...I've NEVER purchased a new car and generally hate the notion in investing in a depreciating asset but this feels like an exception . Ride was ...well an Accord ..expect much quicker off of the line than I would have expected . Tech seemed ok (* Stereo kind of uninspiring ) , nice interior, LITTLE trunk but 48 mpg ...the MPG is the big thing for me here

13' Acura TL ( 3.5/2WD /AT /Tech) ...I skipped over an 11' TL because of the glaring beak / tail when I bought my TSX but liked the V6 . With the updated platform in Q2 of 2012 the TL became much more attractive , with better MPG ...even as a 2WD its a fun , reliable vehicle at a decent price. As a CPO I would get an addl year warranty as well . While its a few $K difference from the Accord Hybrid its still priced in the vicinity

13' TSX V6 ...I hesitate for some reason to move down this path , but mostly because its been really difficult to locate a V6 . Pretty certain I wouldnt jump back into a 4cyl TSX at this point . Still , the price point ( approx $3k less than the TL ) is attractive .

'12 BMW 3 series & '12 Audi A4 / A3 : I love the feel and look of these cars in general but I just cannot go back into the cost and ( anticipated ) unreliability with this current purchase . Both seem plentiful in the CPO market and actually priced fairly similar to the above options but I'm really trying to look the other way

I'd really like an opinion to help me with the next step(s):bash: ...I'd be open to any other suggestions as well

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
you stated the mileage but not the TYPE of driving you do each day.

Unless you're doing a lot of stop and go a Hybrid wouldn't necessary be your best bet. The TL would be the most inspired ride from the top 3.

Avoid the German products unless you like major repairs after the 5th year.

davensd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts