Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Could you please help me out. My wife is doing a research project for school and she needs to write a report on the consumer decision process. If you could answer the following questions, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-----
QUESTIONNAIRE

Objective: To characterize the consumer decision process. To determine customers’ needs and wants and how they go through the decision process in a high involvement setting.

1. Have you ever shopped for car before? (Terminate if answer is No)

2. Thinking about the most recent time, what was your reason(s) for shopping for a car?

3. Was your notion to buy a new car a necessity?

4. What kind(s) of research, if any, did you do while shopping for a car?

5. Did you consider any alternatives instead of buying a car? If so, name them.

6. What kinds of features or attributes were important to you? Please name all.

7. Approximately how long did it take you to make your decision?

8. If you purchased the car, what were some of the factors that convinced you to make the purchase?

9. Who were the buyer, payer, and user of the car?
(Buyer being the one who shopped and made the decision to buy the car; payer being the one who paid for the car; and the user being the one who benefited from the purchase of the car.)

10. Were you satisfied with your purchase? Why or why not?

11. What car did you buy?

12. Age?
a. 18-24
b. 25-29
c. 30-34
d. 35-39
e. 40-44
f. 45-49
g. 50-54
h. 55+

13. Annual household income?
a. Under $25,000
b. $25,000-$35,000
c. $35,000-$45,000
d. $45,000-$55,000
e. $55,000-$65,000
f. $65,000-$75,000
g. $75,000+

Please answer the last two questions only if the last car that you purchased was an Acura.

14. Have you ever seen or heard of any advertisement by Acura? If so, please name the type of media (television, radio, magazines, billboards, etc.)

15. Using a rating of 1-5, how effective or convincing were the advertisement in terms of making you want to own an Acura?
5-Very effective
4-Somewhat effective
3-Neither
2-Somewhat ineffective
1-Not effective at all

16. If your answer for question #15 was 3 or below, what do you think Acura should do to improve their advertising?

17. Did any of the advertising you saw influenced your decision in any way to buy your last car? Explain.

-------

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts

yes

2. Thinking about the most recent time, what was your reason(s) for shopping for a car?

Needed a car to get around.

Yes.

MSN Carpoint and some other websites

no.

Navigation, leather, horsepower, sound system, and cup holder ;)

3 months.

8. If you purchased the car, what were some of the factors that convinced you to make the purchase?

Price was good and it was a very excellent car.

(Buyer being the one who shopped and made the decision to buy the car; payer being the one who paid for the car; and the user being the one who benefited from the purchase of the car.)

user.

yes. it is a very good car that has only minor problems.

2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S

12. Age?
a. 18-24

g. $75,000+

Please answer the last two questions only if the last car that you purchased was an Acura.

14. Have you ever seen or heard of any advertisement by Acura? If so, please name the type of media (television, radio, magazines, billboards, etc.)

yes. TV, newspaper, and magazines.

15. Using a rating of 1-5, how effective or convincing were the advertisement in terms of making you want to own an Acura?
5-Very effective
4-Somewhat effective
3-Neither
2-Somewhat ineffective
1-Not effective at all

16. If your answer for question #15 was 3 or below, what do you think Acura should do to improve their advertising?

stop targeting their ads at old people.

17. Did any of the advertising you saw influenced your decision in any way to buy your last car? Explain.

no.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

Also, if anyone does not want to post here, you can PM me or email me at [email protected]

Your answers will not be used or given to anyone, they will strictly be used to make conclusions on the consumer decision process.

Also, as for the Acura specific questions, that will be used in the paper to draw out what they can do to better target the buyers.
The age and income info will help to determine if Acura is hitting their target consumers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Yes.
2. Car going off lease
3. Yes.
4. Driving to lots, car & driver, motortrend
5. No.
6. Horsepower, 2-doors, handling, luxury
7. 1 day
8. re-leasing benefits through AHFC, honda name and brand, best value for money.
9. me,me,me
10. yes. Love the CLS. :thumbsup:
11. 2001 Acura CL type-S
12. b. 25-29
13. g. 75,000+
14. Yes - TV, magazine,
15. 3 - neither effective nor ineffective
16. focus on the features, the value, the performance
17. no. Driving was what made me want to buy it.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
1. Yes

2. Got bored of the last one

3. In my train of thought it was, however in others, no, since my last car was w/ me for only 10 months or so.

4. Looked on the internet and compared features & prices.

5. None

6. Moonroof, CD changer, manual transmission, V8 engine, reliability, something that won't put me to sleep.

7. 1 week

8. Test drive.

9. I was the buyer and payer.

10. Yes, because its everything I'd hope it would be.

11. 1998 540i & 2002 M3 (coming soon)

12. Age group is 'a'.

13. Income is 'g'.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
1. yes

2. I wanted a new car?

3. Sort of; my old car was still mechanically driveable, but it was a social embarrassment.

4. I did a lot of internet research at places like www.autobytel.com, etc.

No

6. Leather, V6, good stereo, at least a little bit of wood trim, faster than my friend's 2.2l accord. ;)

7. It took maybe a month

8. The price and the name brand, plus it met all my requirements.

9. I was buyer, payer, and user.

10. Yes, I love my car. :)

11. 1997 Acura 3.0 CL

12. Age?
a. 18-24

Now that I'm on my own, it's
b. $25,000-$35,000
but when I bought the car, it was $75,000+... so take your pick.

Yes, on tv, in magazines, on radios, etc.

1-Not effective at all

I think their advertisements are fine; I just don't buy things based on ads I see, so they're totally ineffective.

Well, I definitely didn't want to buy an Integra because of the jingle from a couple of summers ago that went "Perfooooormance with Luxxxury... Acuraintegra, acuraintegra!" with those people that said things like, 'I wanted a performance automobile, but I didn't want to sacrifice things like leather seats and premium Bose sound systems. The Acura Integra is the perfect car for me."

-------

·
Registered
7,736 Posts

Yes.

Comsumer reports, JD powers, Edmunds, friends, realitives.

Like what? Teleporter?

Reliability, power, performance, comfort.

six months
It may take me a long time to make a decision, but when I do BOOM!

Acura name - had good luck with my Legend. Price. salesman had a 17 year old daughter that was just... oh my god...

9. my dad and I.
Dad did the down payment, I paid the rest.
Me.

Yes. Hasn't let me down. Only one problem with the thermostat wire comming loose under the dash that was covered under warranty.

2001 CL Type S.

12. Age?
a. 18-24
Young enough to do it, old enough to know how to do it well.

b. $25,000-$35,000
Gimmie a break... I'm workin on it.

14. TV, and I remember seeing an acura magazone ad in national Rewiew.

4-Somewhat effective

No, I inherited the car from my mom.

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts

Yes

Wanted a new car

No

Online, test drives, friends opinions

No

Anything that was a step up from what I previously had. Leather, power windows/locks, A/C

2 months

Price, luxury, everything I wanted, plus more

Yes

Yes, it was what I was looking for in my new car purchase

2001 Acura CL Type S

12. Age?

a. 18-24

f. $65,000-$75,000

Yes, magazine, television

2-Somewhat ineffective

Target a younger market, and young professionals in general

No

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Edub said:
Hello all,

Could you please help me out. My wife is doing a research project for school and she needs to write a report on the consumer decision process. If you could answer the following questions, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-----
QUESTIONNAIRE

Objective: To characterize the consumer decision process. To determine customers’ needs and wants and how they go through the decision process in a high involvement setting.

Yes

Car was breaking down

Yes

Internet

Price, comfort, speed
3 weeks

Price, necessity

I was for all 3
Yes, very reliable car

11. What car did you buy? 1999 Honda Accord LX

12. Age? A
a. 18-24
b. 25-29
c. 30-34
d. 35-39
e. 40-44
f. 45-49
g. 50-54
h. 55+

13. Annual household income? C
a. Under $25,000
b. $25,000-$35,000
c. $35,000-$45,000
d. $45,000-$55,000
e. $55,000-$65,000
f. $65,000-$75,000
g. $75,000+

5-Very effective
4-Somewhat effective
3-Neither
2-Somewhat ineffective
1-Not effective at all

-------

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
1. yes

2. my tranny died on the last one

3. no, my present car is used

4. ran carfax on the VIN, looked at prices, asked people that own the same car

5. no

6. cruise control, automatic transmission, miles, certified pre-owned, warranty, reputation of make.

7. approximately one week

8. it was within price range and met my specifications

9. I am all of the above

10. for the most part, yes. however, i am highly dissatisfied with the quality of the dealership where i am living now which leads me to be somewhat dissatisfied with the car.

11. 1997 Acura 3.0 CL premium

12. a. 18-24

13. f. $65,000-$75,000

14. I've seen a few advertisements on television, but those are all for the newer models which is not what I bought.

15. 3-Neither

16. They should perhaps consider targetting a wider audience

17. No. Since I bought a used first generation CL I never saw any ads for it when I was considering purchasing a newer vehicle. My previous car was a Honda and I was pleased with it, my basis behind buying an Acura was because Acura is owned by Honda and I also know a lot of people who have been satisfied with their cars. For me, buying Acura was solely word of mouth/first hand experience with Honda/reputation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts