Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the miles are fantastic. My question is, will the maintenance with a car this old negate the low mileage? Pondering for my college kid that goes to school 500 miles away. Owned by a retired person that had all scheduled maintenance at the dealership.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a '07 TL Type-S with 35,000 miles and have had no issues other than the Homelink computer going back and essentially drawing power from the battery. Before there was more widespread knowledge of this issue, many dealership techs were just replacing batteries. Mine was covered under warranty (and is to this day as the dealer that sold me the car said they would cover it as long as I owned the car; guess they didn't figure I'd keep it this long). I've actually had that computer go out 2-3 times over the years. Honda seems to not have fixed the part which is of course the root cause. Other than replacing the brake pads (Type-S pads in front don't last too long as they are Brembo's) and having the power steering hose replaced under a recall warranty, I've had no issues whatsoever other than normal oil changes (in my case each year with Mobil 1 EP synthetic). I've also replaced the tires due to dry rot. And a couple of normal battery replacements.

So as long as the TL has been driven at least occasionally, had routine oil and filter changes, the tires are within 5 years old as stamped on the side of the tire and the power steering hose recall was done, I think it would be a great car for your college bound son/daughter. I'd recommend going through the service history regarding the tires, brakes and Homelink computer.

I'm biased, of course, but I really like the 07-08 TLs. They refined the suspension in 2007 (it was too harsh from 04-'06 imo) and the transmission problems that lingered on from the '01-'03 TLs into the '04-'05 models were gone by then.

Decent gas mileage also especially since the one your looking at seems to be a 3.2L engine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check to see if the timing belt and water pump service was done. The service is mileage or time. Other than that they are pretty reliable vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 05 TL has 400,000 miles on the original engine and tranny, I think they are very reliable cars, only thing you need to keep up with is oil leaks from the valve cover/pcv, if they leak onto the alternator it could go out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts