Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody get a popping noise in the back of their car? I have installed Comptech Sways and H&R Springs. It happens when I go up driveways or take really hard turns. I think it might be the sways, but I dont know. Maybe you guys can help me out.

·
Jack This
3,043 Posts
I haven't modded the suspension on my TLS, but my best guess is something is loose.

My previous car had a popping noise, similar to what you describe. First I had an Eibach camber kit come loose. Then later, I had the struts replaced and the shop forgot to tighten the rear strut. When I checked it from the trunk the nut was just sitting on top of the strut bolt.

It may not be easy to find. You may not be able to move it yourself from underneath the car. Like you said, it happens in hard cornering or up a driveway. There's alot of weight transfer when that happens.

I'd get someone to help you out. Go back and forth in that driveway trying to reproduce the "pop". Maybe someone outside the car and hear where it's coming from. (Make sure the person is a safe distance from the car and somewhat intelligent. You don't want your friend to put his head on the ground while you're driving back and forth next to his face.....lol)

·
Registered
218 Posts
(Make sure the person is a safe distance from the car and somewhat intelligent. You don't want your friend to put his head on the ground while you're driving back and forth next to his face.....lol) [/B]

haha:D true true

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.