Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2006 TL. When I try to move the driver seat forward or back, the track closest to the door will move, but the other won't. I originally figured that there was a coin trapped in the right track. I took the seat out of the carand inspected. It's a closed track so my theory is wrong about a coin. I'm guessing that there's a motor for each track and the one has died. Any thoughts on troubleshooting this? Thanks.

·
More horsepower, please?
15 Posts
I've had a problem with my power driver's seat since I bought the car a few months ago. The seat works fine if no-one is in it. When someone is sitting in it the only thing that works is the lumbar.

Any ideas on this one, buddies?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The problem is that Acura engineers, in their wisdom, ran a Bowden cable right across the front bottom of the seat, right where most people expect the seat adjustment bar to be. So someone yanks and yanks on the "bar" cause the seat does not move, until they break the bar free at one end or the other. The cable transmits the forward-back motion from the motor on the left to the sprocket on the right. If the seat only moves on the left, this is probably the problem. You have to take out the seat (4 bolts), pull out the seat assembly, and reassemble the end of the cable, which has a motion sensor on it. 20 seconds with a pair of pliers to bend back the bronze tabs and you're all set again. Well, almost, first turn the right gears until the seat is not at an angle, then screw in the end of the cable.

Another possibility is the one end of the cable has rounded off and won't grab the sprocket, sometimes you can square off the cable end and/or jam in a bunch of epoxy in order to get it to grab again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.