Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, recently I was driving my 03 RL and I lost power steering. I took it into the dealership and they said the pump had failed...I had them replace the pump($600 job), but the power steering was still not functioning(they gave me the car back without even bothering to make sure the problem had been solved.) I took the car back to them and they checked it again. This time they told me the entire power steering rack had failed and that it will be a $2200 repair. Have any of you guys had a similar issue with your RLs? I don't know whether or not I should believe this dealership.

Also, I regularly service my car and take very good care of it...so i'm surprised i'm even having this issue to begin with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
PS Rack

On my 97 RL I had the same problem around 2 years ago. I heard a sharp loud grinding sound every time I turned the steering wheel. I was told by my repair guy the power steering rack was gone. I picked up a used rack from a shop for 175 and had it installed for 150. So far so good. My local dealer wanted 800 for just the part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts