Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my cousin is visiting from out of town and I let him use the car for 1-2 hours to get some things he wanted...All of a sudden, the next time I drive, the steering is stiff as hell, pretty much like a car with no power steering. But, from my experience with cars without power steering, the steering loosens up pretty significantly after gaining some speed. In my car's case, it doesn't seem to loosen up too much - its def looser than idle but still very stiff even at cruising speeds. Does anyone have a possible diagnosis? Noticed some leaking under the car that looks like it may be power steering fluid and the reservoir looks pretty empty. Is the tank or line or anything for it under the car? What could have caused it? Was it a freak coincidence or did he possibly do something to cause this?

I wanna post some pics but it wont let me until i have 15+ posts

·
43 Posts
bump..any help would be much appreciated!
It sounds like you have a leak in the PS system and the fluid just got low enough to show symptoms. Buy some Lucasoil PS leak sealer and see if that improves things. It works for alot of people, incuding my son's 2002 RL. If that doesn't work, you probably need either new seals or a new PS pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts