Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm very seriously thiking of buying a new 6sp cl. I've owned two legend coupe 5speeds.First one had lots of problems, second one bought used had only one, 1990 (bad thrust bearing in tranny)loved the car , after it was fixed.I drive a 2000 528
BMW, also 5sp. lots of mainence issues(bad thermostats, rattles, bad display on radio,bad fan control for climate control. This year will be first year for CL 6 sp. Will Honda do it right the first time? What problems have you had? and continue to have? Will it be mistake to buy the new 6sp in its first year? Suprising no VSC or Trac contol on this car/ BMW has both on its stick
car. Any comment/advise appreciated TIA

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Well, the only thing new on the 6MT CLS is the 6MT. Even the helical limited slip differential is proven - it's from the Pelude Type SH. All other parts are from the 2001-2002 CLS, and most of those are from the 99-2002 TL.

The only problem I've had with mine was the 5AT. Since the 6MT would prevent that, I would have had zero problems. :D

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
there have been very few problems with the CL-S since it came out.

In fact the only issues that I have had have been the sunroof rattle and rear-window area rattle, and both were taken care of very quickly by my Acura dealership.

There are other minor things that owners like to complain about, the tires wearing quickly, the driving lights not being true fog lights or bright enough, you know little things like that.

I don't really see any major problems coming with the 6MT, and since it is getting the LSD, they felt that it didn't need VSA as well. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Good luck! :)

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Only problems I've had w/ my 2001 CL-S are :

- Sideview mirror not tilting down
- Rattles (havent fixed yet, too lazy)
- Actuator broke, replaced under warranty.
- No tranny problems yet *knock on wood*

15k and still goin pretty strong

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
With my CL:

Rattles with the sunroof
Sway bars squeaking

Nothing wrong with the tranny, still going strong and well! Change the fluid at every 10K.

Car is still shiny, thanks to Zaino! :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Besides a couple of niggles...these are rock solid cars. The tranny issue is a non issue for 1)98% of A/T owners and 2) a complet3 non issue for 6MT owners.
This car is built pretty well and has an awsome rating in Consumer Reports.

When you come to a user forum like this it may seem like the car has a lot of problems. But, that is because we are all obsessive compulsive about our cars. These cars probably have less problems that the competing cars. I would suggest reading the Motor Trend long tem road test on this car.

click--->MT CLS

That about sums it up!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Infamuz said:
With my CL:

Rattles with the sunroof
Sway bars squeaking

Nothing wrong with the tranny, still going strong and well! Change the fluid at every 10K.

Car is still shiny, thanks to Zaino! :)
Comptech Sways squeek. OEMs do not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts