Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1999 Acura TL. When I try to lock the doors using the buttons inside, they don't really work. When I try on the driver's side, unlock will make a sound but when I push down to lock the door, I don't hear anything and of course....it's not really locking the doors. Sometimes it will but it will never lock the driver rear door. When I try on the passenger side, I can hear both when I unlock and lock. But the locks knobs still don't move up or down when I lock and unlock from the passenger side. Any suggestions please??? I'd really appreciate it

NOTE****I used to be a mechanic for Nissan but my car was a Ford Crown Victoria so this is my first time really trying to fix anything on an ACURA. So please if you can, provide step by step instructions

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
In order for the remote to function to lock and unlock the doors, all doors must be working. You'll need to, more than likely, replace the door lock actuators on the affected doors, and/or check the lock mechanisms for frozen parts. It's pretty easy when you remove the door panel. Pop off the panel, and test for power at the actuator when trying to lock and unlock the door. Then, make sure there's nothing that would put undue stress on the actuator, such as a partially frozen door lock assembly.

Since door lock actuators are a pretty common replacement, I'd start there.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts