Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm going to keep this truck for 5-6 years (the longest I've ever had a car is 3.5 :( ), there are quite a few things that I need to do to make its continued presence more palatable:

1. Dual exhaust
2. Remove factory resonator (or something like that - Sky/Ken was explaining it to me...)
3. 20" 7-spoke wheels (saw them on a Silverado and thought they looked classy - and I'll keep the old rims/tires for towing purposes - not into anything bigger than that as I'm not trying to be a Princess feeling all the Peas in the road) - something like the one at the bottom of the page...
4. New paint job - all black, with body-colored grill.

And maybe someday: 5. SUPERCHARGER (although I'd have to change the gearing to make it truly effective, and it would kill my towing capacity...)

If I do #5, I'm going to have a Lightning sticker made and put it on the back - +10 hp, right? ;)

Attachments

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
I say go for it ;)

I, for personal reasons, cannot really be in an suv or truck for more than a few minutes. Long story, but I am not going to explain it here.

But do it. :thumbsup:

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I neglected to mention sways...

:D

Anybody have any experience with a souped-up SUV?

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
Phoenix said:
I neglected to mention sways...

:D

Anybody have any experience with a souped-up SUV?
Scott can probably be of some assistance. I remember him talking about putting sways on his mom's SUV and one of them smacking him in the head pretty hard.

And we used to think it was all that weed he was smoking...
:p

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
well did u do anything yet?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Phoenix said:
IAnybody have any experience with a souped-up SUV?
My friend has a 97(?) Tahoe. It has a beefed up suspension (he does some off-roading), flowmaster exhaust, all the basic upgrades. It is nearing the end of a six week stay at the body shop, after it was "bumped" from behind by an eighteen wheeler. :eek:

·
Acuraworld Member
3,522 Posts
Do it man!! I was eating dinner tonight at a little place here in town that has table out in front on the sidewalk right by the street, and this brand new Escalade w/ 20" wheels, exhaust, and supercharger kept rollin' by....that thing was bad as hell!!! The supercharger sounded wild...you'd be a happy person if you hooked up your ride like that, I'm sure of it!!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
JLmax said:
Do it man!! I was eating dinner tonight at a little place here in town that has table out in front on the sidewalk right by the street, and this brand new Escalade w/ 20" wheels, exhaust, and supercharger kept rollin' by....that thing was bad as hell!!! The supercharger sounded wild...you'd be a happy person if you hooked up your ride like that, I'm sure of it!!!!
It's a little late...;)

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd forgotten about this thread....

Thanks for the suggestions, all - if I ever again have a large SUV, I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

Now I just need to figure out how to affordably replace the Camry's HUBCAPS. :barf:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts