Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is going to be my first Acura. Coming from Honda Odyssey and trying to finally get into luxury brand. I've got offer for $28.5K for a brand new 2012 TSX Wagon with Tech Package from a local dealer. I want to know if it is worth buying 2012 brand new in 2013 ? Also what are the things I should be aware of while taking delivery of the new Wagon ? Are there any known issues with 2012 Acura TSX Wagon ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

This is going to be my first Acura. Coming from Honda Odyssey and trying to finally get into luxury brand. I've got offer for $28.5K for a brand new 2012 TSX Wagon with Tech Package from a local dealer. I want to know if it is worth buying 2012 brand new in 2013 ? Also what are the things I should be aware of while taking delivery of the new Wagon ? Are there any known issues with 2012 Acura TSX Wagon ?
Thanks in advance.
I just did exactly the same thing, bought a 2012 TSX Sport Wagon (tech) in August. I got mine for $29k. It was my first Acura. I shopped around for a SW for a while and was actually looking at former loaners. Three dealers in my area had 2012 loaners with 5-10k on the clocks that they were looking to get rid of. Prices varied based on condition and mileage. I could have got a slightly beat-up model with 10k for around $26. One of the dealers was asking more for a 5,000 mile loaner than I paid for my brand new 2012. Anyway, I couldn't beat the price so went with the new one.

I will tell you that right out of the gate I heard some strange clunking sounds coming from the front end. It only happened at low speeds, and in high temperatures. I called the dealer and he came and got it. Diagnosed it after a few days as ball joint failure and they would have to replace them. Apparently there was a notification issued by Acura regarding this issue, something about the grease used in the ball joints turning to liquid in high temperatures (I live in TX). Anyway, they replaced them and brought the car back after a few days and I haven't had any problems since. They did tell me that if I'd bought the car in November chances are I wouldn't have noticed this issues until next summer. Might be something to consider if you live in an area that gets high temperatures.

Other than that, the car is great. Handles well, lots of gadgets, and looks fantastic if you're into that sort of thing, which I am. Build quality isn't the best I have to say. There are a few creeks and rattles that I'm chasing in the interior, but nothing too major. I think one of them is my coffee cup actually, it doesn't quite fit in the holder with the cover open and tends to rattle the cover itself. Easy fix, I'll just get a new coffee cup! For $28.5, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts