Acura World banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my subs in this weekend and dayamn does my shit sound good as hell now.

My problem is that now the rear wheel gap is about 2 inches and the front wheel gap is about 3.5 inches. So the back sits lower than the front.

I'm wondering if I get the H&R sports if the back will still be lower. I was thinking about maybe trying sports on the front and OE Sports on the back. What do you think? Does anyone else with subs have this problem?

·
1,163 Posts
MEMEMEMEMEME

yup...I had that same problem...I'm not sure about the measurement difference...but...hell...it was noticeable...(2 12s)
I installed coilovers and solved my problem...You should just get coilovers...all you have to do is jack up and untighten, then turn.
Its only like $100 more than springs....GC or Skunk2

Austin: you know that rubber shock cover we were debating to put on or take out? boy...never put that rubber in...again...when you turn the gold ring to adjust height, that thing gets in the way... so you have to literally grab the rubber thats touching the gold ring, then push the rubber up, and hold it, then use ur other hand to turn the gold ring...and IF you do put that rubber cover in...make sure you cut them evenly...(My friend cut mine)...mines uneven...which is taking up part of the coil adjustment area....so counting how many lines doesn't work for me...only several tries...

um...to Austin was off subject...but...the GC helped get rid of that extra gap in the front.....and if you uh...do go with coilovers...read what I wrote to Austin.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
03TLTYPES said:
I put my subs in this weekend and dayamn does my shit sound good as hell now.

My problem is that now the rear wheel gap is about 2 inches and the front wheel gap is about 3.5 inches. So the back sits lower than the front.

I'm wondering if I get the H&R sports if the back will still be lower. I was thinking about maybe trying sports on the front and OE Sports on the back. What do you think? Does anyone else with subs have this problem?
i guess comptech is the only solution. look at jesal's car. he has comptech and also a sub and it's just levelled. comptech is the only springs with different drops between front and rear. h&r will get you even drop

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Re: Re: Put my subs in.........what springs should I get????

rominl said:

i guess comptech is the only solution.
I'd agree with rominl here. (although I'm not in favor of lowering cars in the first place)

Problem with coilovers is that you can NEVER be able to adjust all 4 heights evenly without the use of scales as mentioned before.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Yea go for comptechs. You can ride with the stock shocks for a decent time. I hear people going to 40k miles with the stock shocks when i lowered their cars with comptech springs.
As for my car when it was lowered, it was pretty much perfect drop with the comptech. I had 2 12" subs and 2 amps in the trunk and with the comptechs it made the car look leveled all around. Very nice!!! :bigok:

Also i hear coilovers give a harsh ride.

·
1,163 Posts
GC coilovers

yes...very hard to make all corners EVEN...only advantage I think is that you can adjust it...the ride is VERY HARSH with stock shocks. I drove my car for about 40 minutes non-stop...felt like i was gonna throw up...(no joke) didn't feel good at all...my mom sat in the back seat...and i would look at my rear view mirror...and see her face going up and down every 10 seconds.(no joke) It was on highway too...pretty decent one...

handling on these...or I'd say any lowered car is wayyyy better...but from next time...I would defienetly install springs/coilovers WITH aftermarket shocks....(I hear yellow koni 4 way adjustables are relaly good)...and I know many people are into getting TEin SS which I hurd its really nice also....

Coilovers CAN make ur car all evened out...like the comptechs...its just that...it'll be a little harder and take some time...(30 minutes at the most should do it) If I were you....(whoever posted this thread) I would get coilovers...unless your on a tigt budget...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Re: Put my subs in.........what springs should I get????

rominl said:

i guess comptech is the only solution. look at jesal's car. he has comptech and also a sub and it's just levelled. comptech is the only springs with different drops between front and rear. h&r will get you even drop
comptech's give you that raked look so its common sense to get them if your back is lower than your front; that way, you'll get the even look that you want

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Put my subs in.........what springs should I get????

TLover8888 said:

comptech's give you that raked look so its common sense to get them if your back is lower than your front; that way, you'll get the even look that you want
exactly, and if you look at jesal's car pics, you will see that he has comptechs, but his car doesn't have the rake look at all.

his site is http://www.crazyacura.net

·
1,959 Posts
Re: MEMEMEMEMEME

[TL]Ridah said:
yup...I had that same problem...I'm not sure about the measurement difference...but...hell...it was noticeable...(2 12s)
I installed coilovers and solved my problem...You should just get coilovers...all you have to do is jack up and untighten, then turn.
Its only like $100 more than springs....GC or Skunk2
Only $100 bucks more for coilovers? :eek: You gotta be kidding, right? I picked up my H&R race springs for Cdn $342 installed. You're saying I could pick up coilovers for about Cdn $500? Last I heard, coilovers (cheapest) went for at least Cdn $1,500, not including install. Where can you get coilovers for that low price? Tell me so I can pick one up for my car!:eek:

·
Registered
353 Posts
i have h and r sport spirngs in my car....and im gonna get either koni or tokico shocks .......and i plan on getting a pretty decnet system ...2 kcikers, a pretty big amp, and another amp to power the interior spekaers...and a custom like trunk /enclosure...would i have that problem of the car looking uneven as well?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You think you got problems, check this out:

I have 3 JL W6 12's in a custom box. The whole trunk was gutted out, 2 Xtant Amps on the floor, (1) 5 Farad Cap, 1 Stinger Battery, 4 Cooling Fans, etc...All customized to the extreme. Car is almost on the floor. Oh, everything was wrapped in Leather also...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.