Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 92' LS Integra, bout 124000 miles. Im looking into the ls/vtec crossover but im not too sure about how it works. Is it an expensive project and are the results worth the money and time invested? Also, how extensive is the work to make this change? Im wanting to boost it later on and throw a five speed in. Also, this car has not been running for a while so i was looking into a complete rebuild altogether. Appreciate the input and help.

·
Boost, not in C.A.
1,076 Posts
Rather then spending the money on lsv, rebuild your bottom end with forged internals and then boost it if that is you're future plans.

Ls-vtec is a waste of money and efforts as you can just buy a gsr for the around the same price and have a better platform.

·
Registered
222 Posts
man, my boy has a 01 ls/vtec conversion boosted, cost him about 6000 grand for totally build, all new everything heads,bottoms, everything, and that car is a fucking monster.... its not cheap, but ass kickn's never are...lol...

ls/vtec is a prefered boosted motor setup, if you gonna go all motor no boost i would not recomend it...

in that case, go cams,valves,pistons, all internal, new..or just go GSR and boost that,,lol..

·
Boost, not in C.A.
1,076 Posts
man, my boy has a 01 ls/vtec conversion boosted, cost him about 6000 grand for totally build, all new everything heads,bottoms, everything, and that car is a fucking monster.... its not cheap, but ass kickn's never are...lol...

ls/vtec is a prefered boosted motor setup, if you gonna go all motor no boost i would not recomend it...

in that case, go cams,valves,pistons, all internal, new..or just go GSR and boost that,,lol..
Ls/vtec is a prefered for boosting. No, I'd rather boost a non-vtec over an ls-v anyday.

Ls-v used to be the poor mans Gsr and now that gsr are dirt cheap, it's pointless to ls-v. Less reliable, more costly and overall, a hacked vtec engine.

·
5,402 Posts
Yeah you could find a GS-R motor for pretty cheap, you could also buy a GS-R (the whole car) I seen a few 94-97 for under $6,000

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rather then spending the money on lsv, rebuild your bottom end with forged internals and then boost it if that is you're future plans.

Ls-vtec is a waste of money and efforts as you can just buy a gsr for the around the same price and have a better platform.

I agree. If you have the time and money to spend doing the ls-v urself, just boost your LS. LS tegs boost real nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts