Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in most state you will have to go smoke test and emission inspection in order to renew your car registration right? it's the case here in cali, so i am wondering

say i get a cai. would it make me fail my smoke test? how do you guys do it? i don't think you guys would put back the stock air box just to pass the test and then put the cai back right?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
rominl said:
in most state you will have to go smoke test and emission inspection in order to renew your car registration right? it's the case here in cali, so i am wondering

say i get a cai. would it make me fail my smoke test? how do you guys do it? i don't think you guys would put back the stock air box just to pass the test and then put the cai back right?
That's the reason why we buy brand name. AEM is C.A.R.B Legal, meaning it will pass smog. :p

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: question regarding emission test

ElegantTL-S said:

That's the reason why we buy brand name. AEM is C.A.R.B Legal, meaning it will pass smog. :p
ah icic, bingo, that answers all :)

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
OKAY how about NON-AEM brand CAIs? ;)

Like....Xephyr CAIs. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Iridium130 said:
OKAY how about NON-AEM brand CAIs? ;)

Like....Xephyr CAIs. ;)
Well, here's the thing.

All they do is stick a probe up yer tailpipe, right?

So seeing as all intakes are just big fookin tubes with a filter on the end, they should all test out damn near the same. Capiche?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Injen CAI

Are Injen's CAI carb legal?

·
Registered
113 Posts
rominl said:

It's SMOG check bro :p

In CA, you only need to get a smog check for a new car every 4 years I believe....so you have a long way to go. Even if your intake do not have a CARB sticker on it, as long as it shows the crankcase ventilation tube is connected to the return tube on the intake.....that's all they will look for.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: question regarding emission test

AcuraTL said:

It's SMOG check bro :p

In CA, you only need to get a smog check for a new car every 4 years I believe....so you have a long way to go. Even if your intake do not have a CARB sticker on it, as long as it shows the crankcase ventilation tube is connected to the return tube on the intake.....that's all they will look for.
oh i only have to do smog test once every 4 yrs? with my old camry i had to do it every other year. so how long would it take to go to once every 4 yrs to once every 2 yrs?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: question regarding emission test

ElegantTL-S said:

our car is new.
i KNOW it's new...... that's not my question....... i was asking how far from now our cars would be considered old and have to do more smok tests....

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question regarding emission test

rominl said:

i KNOW it's new...... that's not my question....... i was asking how far from now our cars would be considered old and have to do more smok tests....
after that first smog check? who knows....why worry? :D

seriously...i don't know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.