Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going along the freeway tonight and I zoom past this Mustang. All I noticed was that it had really fat tires and that it was a later model Stang. I didn't know if it was a v6, v8, or whatever at the time.

Soon enough, I see the guy coming up in my rearview wanting to race, so I gun it and start reaching some really high speeds. At around 130mph, he was gradually catching up to me and I realized that traffic was too heavy for me to go any faster. So I hit the brakes and slow down. He goes faster and zooms past me. We officially call it quits at that point, since the freeway was getting busier. Both maintaining our calm, we proceeded down the freeway in a friendly manner. The guy wasn't cocky, or anything like that. I looked over and saw the cobra emblem on the car. It was the Cobra Mustang. I didn't feel so bad after I got a good look at his car and realized that I just hung with a big V8 American muscle car.

What really surprised me though is that the Cobra was not much faster or quicker than mine at high speeds. No doubt it could take off from a start better than mine, but we have some high-revving machines under our hoods.

·
Registered
633 Posts
great kill! i hate mustangs :barf:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it wasn't a kill. I wish it was, but that is a Mustang Cobra after all. How many horses does something like that have? 300+ for sure.

I know some Mustang drivers think they're all cool and that their fast-looking cars can beat anything else out there, but those guys usually only have the cheesy weak V6 engines in them. Kinda like how Civic and Corolla and now Altima drivers think they're all that. It's when you get into the higher performance cars, like TL's, Mustang Cobras, Corvettes, stuff like that, that most of the drivers are courteous racers.

I appreciate when after a race, that both drivers can both behave in a civil manner--no sore losers.:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it was a later model one for sure. Based on the taillights, it looks like the ones currently being sold.

So my 225hp beast hung with that 390hp beast for the most part. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bebber said:
It's when you get into the higher performance cars, like TL's, Mustang Cobras, Corvettes, stuff like that, that most of the drivers are courteous racers.
I love my TLS but I don't think it belongs in the same sentence above with the current Cobra or a Corvette. Not flaming but the TLS, let alone a TL is no match for either one. Those cars are nasty! Our cars are fast sporty sedans, while those cars are pure sport cars.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ferizzo said:

I love my TLS but I don't think it belongs in the same sentence above with the current Cobra or a Corvette. Not flaming but the TLS, let alone a TL is no match for either one. Those cars are nasty! Our cars are fast sporty sedans, while those cars are pure sport cars.
Point taken, the TL is not in the same car segment as the Cobra or Corvette. I agree with that, but what I was trying to say is that the typical Cobra and Corvette and TL driver for that matter, tend to be courteous racers among those that I have come across. They don't go postal and act like maniacs should they ever loose a race.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bebber said:

Point taken, the TL is not in the same car segment as the Cobra or Corvette. I agree with that, but what I was trying to say is that the typical Cobra and Corvette and TL driver for that matter, tend to be courteous racers among those that I have come across. They don't go postal and act like maniacs should they ever loose a race.
Cool. I wasn't trying to flame I just misread the post I guess...I better keep reading those hooked on phonics books!

Speaking of courteous vs uncourteous drivers, I passed a bimmer the other day (not racing), just going around him and he took exception to that and get on my ass. Then he gets on the highway (I didn't) and as he passes me he starts yelling at me and flicking me off! What a jerk! I'm not singling out Bimmer drivers but this one was an ass!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.