Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pulled up to him at a stop light...turned VSA off and left it in D5...we both took off and I was able to keep up with him, but he was definetly ahead of me...damn fast truck. when I pulled up next time him, I rolled down the windows and said "you have a dope car, man!!" and he said "yeah, so do you" and we went on our way ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
He must have launched like shi_ or you must be SERIOUSLY modded B/C I saw several SVT's one after another doing low 13's at New England Dragway on Friday. Slowest I saw was 13.3.

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
bmw74 said:
He must have launched like shi_ or you must be SERIOUSLY modded B/C I saw several SVT's one after another doing low 13's at New England Dragway on Friday. Slowest I saw was 13.3.
The sad thing is that those are hard to luanch good. Imagine all that power, and hardly any weight over the rear wheels. I remember Motor Trend saying they go it to 60mph in 5.5 seconds, but those were few and far between the 6.5 second times they usually got (either tire spin, or dumb transmision bogged [it's actually a modified Super Duty diesel tranny]). So, not surprising he kept up.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not trying to say that I could consistently keep up with or beat a lightning...those things are fast as fuck. either this guy wasn't accelerating all the way(which I doubt) or he just got a bad launch...he was about a nose ahead of me the entire time

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
SimTypeS said:

The sad thing is that those are hard to luanch good. Imagine all that power, and hardly any weight over the rear wheels. I remember Motor Trend saying they go it to 60mph in 5.5 seconds, but those were few and far between the 6.5 second times they usually got (either tire spin, or dumb transmision bogged [it's actually a modified Super Duty diesel tranny]). So, not surprising he kept up.

have you driven one yet? They actually ride pretty well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.