Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is jeff and i, more or less my dad has a 97' integra gs-r and i take it out from time to time. the past two times ive taken her out and run her hard...ie almost redline, the radiator fluid sprays out from somewhere front the front end of the car near the overflow tank. the overflow tank also gets very low. it seemed like it had sprayed out of the cap before somehow when i had ran her hard for a little bit while playing with my friends vw. but tonight when i was playing around with an M3 for a couple miles, i smelt that damn sweet smell and knew what it was. and when i went to the nearest gas station and poped the hood, radiator fluid was all over the engine bay. if anyone knows whats going on id like a lot for any help.
thanks,
jeff

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Hard to say without knowing hwere it's coming from.

One thing you can do is have the system pressure tested. It's done with a small device that takes the place of the radiator cap, and pumps air into the system to simulate pressures at speed. You should be able to spot the leak easily then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.