Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are a million posts about the stock sub but here is another one. I am installing a component system with an amp and i was wondering if it was possible to connect the stock sub? i havent tried but i know there are a lot of posts about the sub being wierd and this and that. thanks for the help

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
i need a code for my 1992 vigor radio...serial # 107182 can anyone help? thanks
Those can only be had from a dealer. If you have your vehicle VIN, proof that you own the car, and your radio serial number you should be golden with them supplying that information. Be advised that many Acura dealers are charging for that service, though.

AW, its Sponsors, Vendors, or members are not allowed to post or provide radio codes due to the liability issues involved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have also posted about trying to use the stock head unit and adding my amp and sub and nobody on this fourm seems to have anything good to say other than the stock sub is a POS or you need to change the system or something else that states the obvious.

today i spent a few hours and actually wired in my sub to the factory HU. all i needed was an amp. my sub+box. and a wire kit. (inline fuse 8 gage wire and all that fun stuff) and some tools ;)

from what i have found researching is that the stock sub (with bose) is amped at 100w so i dont know how much more you can push it.

once i wired in my 12" sub i started to tune it and it had a weird sound to it. with all my messing around i decided to remove the factory 9" sub from its home (it wasn't wired) and all the weird noises went away. i think the displacement of air in the trunk from my 12" was making the 9" factory sub kinda hit just because of the movement of air and it made the car sound like shit. once i removed the 9" the car sound had the nice aftermarket stero sound.

BEST thing i did other than add the 12" was taking out the factory sub.

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
That was an interesting and damn good post!!

Thanks for sharing that as I'm going to be messing around with the same issue pretty soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, i actually have an aftermarket unit it, a Pioneer Avic-710bt and like an idiot i didnt think about attaching my sub (forgot all about it). The amp that i have is small, like i said im only powering my component speakers with it. i was just wondering about the sub because it is just sitting back there now not doing anything and i heard they were a major pain to try and hook up to anything aftermarket. thanks for the good info though, when i start putting in my speakers tomorrow ill check it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if there is a will there is a way. personally i wouldnt use the factory sub. i also dont know what you would use to convert your signal to low pass for it without an amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts