Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Acura TSX 2011 base model. I unplugged my battery for EPS replacement and now my radio is locked, needless to say I don't have the Radio Pin Code. I have tried the Power+1+6 combination to get the 8-digit serial # but the only codes I get is BCB2900 and apparently this is not the correct # that the dealer needs to give me my Pin Code to unlock the Radio. I have checked all the manual books, glove box, spare wheel, fuse box, center glove box, under the hood, under the truck.

Dealer is asking to $250 to "bring in" the car to the shop and "look at it". Any help would be appreciated that could save me some $$$.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found an answer to my problem on a different website, posting it here for others.

So for my Acura TSX 2011 to get the Radio Serial # this is how it worked.

Turn Ignition on, Turn Radio On, Press Menu+Map+Cancel, Goto Detailed Information Settings, Goto Unit Check, Goto ECU Info.
Write down the Serial #, Ignore the 1st 3 alphabets and last 1 alphabet. In my case the complete # was BCB29000050A, so my serial # was 29000050.

Then either goto radio-navicode.acura.com and follow instructions to get the code. But in my case the website didn't recognize my VIN #, maybe that's only for US cars, I am in Canada. So I called the local dealer, gave the guy the 8-digit serial number (without the alphabets) and bingo I got the PIN CODE. Then go back to your radio, turn power on and when asked to input the code, use the presettings on the dashboard radio console to input the PIN CODE which should be a 5-digit #.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.